Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 1, 2013, 8:36 AM   #11

Great shots! The different woodpeckers are very clearly presented and wonderfully clear.

I miss the chickadees, as the Carolina Chickadees don't make it quite down to where I live in central Florida. I may have seen one in the twenty-nine years here, but it may have been something else. My favorites around the yard are the titmice and very infrequent visiting cedar waxwings. The pileated woodpeckers are great, though you hear their woodworking a bit more than seeing them, though you can usually track them. The barred owls are elusive, given their calls are mostly in the middle of the night, but we hear them fairly often.

Which 600mm lens were you using? It must be a beast!
MacBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 7:26 PM   #12

Harriet - Those grebes sure are amazing "escape artists!" Hope your AFA works well for you.

Bob - Thanks so much! Funny thing about that nest hole - it looks like there are no birds using it now!!

Les - It sure looks like a Snow Goose, but I believe it's actually an escaped farm goose that decided to join the flock!

MacBook - So glad you enjoyed these! The 600MM is an old, manual focus, manual aperture SMC 135-600. Here's a link to the post from some years ago when I first got it:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/pe...arrived.html#b
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:43 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post

Les - It sure looks like a Snow Goose, but I believe it's actually an escaped farm goose that decided to join the flock!

That would be something. Interesting to know if the farm goose was accepted fully by the wild geese...or if there were attempts to spurn it by the rest of the flock ? Also something that the old wild genes kick in, even in a domesticated animal. But I believe that's what happens with feral hogs.

MacBook - So glad you enjoyed these! The 600MM is an old, manual focus, manual aperture SMC 135-600. Here's a link to the post from some years ago when I first got it:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/pe...arrived.html#b
Interesting read and what a beautiful performing lens that 135-600 zoom.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 8:59 AM   #14

Great shots Mole and a nice story. You got some that have been eluding me the any kind of woodpecker and that darn kingfisher. I did manage to get a few of some Grebes the other day.

Hans

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote