Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 7, 2013, 5:50 PM   #1

Default A few Birds

I have been playing with my Q (Mirrorless) with K adapter so I guess I could post a few here, it kind of fits the K Mount Mirrorless part of the forum.

Overcast today a little dark but went shooting anyway with the Tamron 70-300 mounted to my Pentax Q. The Q has a crop factor of 5.5 so the 300mm has a field of view of a 1650mm lens. Hand held because everything I wanted to shoot keeps moving away. Got a few Ducks first two male Hooded Mergansers and a Grebe. Then a Great Egret, White Ibis and a Tricolored Heron. Different location today on a canal so I could walk the length and follow the birds. Shutter speeds slower than I would have liked 1/100 sec. for the ducks.
Hans
Attached Images

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 8, 2013, 8:19 AM   #2

Good looking pictures. Hand held and slow shutter speed...must have some steady hands.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 7:26 PM   #3

Indeed some steady hands, and a very nice variety of "feathered friends!" Colors and composition are great. These look a little soft to me, maybe just my old eyes, or maybe the lens. My Sigma 70-300 is quite soft at the 300 end for distant shots too.
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 8:07 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
Indeed some steady hands, and a very nice variety of "feathered friends!" Colors and composition are great. These look a little soft to me, maybe just my old eyes, or maybe the lens. My Sigma 70-300 is quite soft at the 300 end for distant shots too.
Thanks Mole, yeah the Q is very demanding on lenses, what looks like a tack sharp lens on my Kr is only marginal on the Q. I get better results with my ST 200 f4 or my SMC-M 135 f3.5

Hans

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote