Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 24, 2013, 4:18 AM   #11

Well being without a Pentax camera right now I didn't think I'd have anything to enter - but within the last 90 days gets me in !

K5 / DA*300 & AFA x1.7 : Pied Avocets at Poyang Lake.

Nikon : D800, D600, Sigma 500/4.5, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 35/2.0, Nikkor 85/1.8G, Sigma 50/1.4. Nikon x1.4 TC, Sigma x2.0 TC
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2013, 4:44 PM   #12

Almost missed the deadline - it's been an especially busy few weeks here at the park. Am very far behind in PP work, but wanted to post something for the challenge, so...

We spotted a very cooperative RT Hawk in the park a few days ago, who patiently permitted my rather close approach. I will post more later, when time permits for better PP work. But here's one pretty good pose, experimenting with selective color. A technique I usually don't like, but wonder what you think of it...
Attached Images

mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2013, 8:24 PM   #13

A shot out my back window (you can see a bit of the screen!) Some fancy dancy stuff with Picasa. DL kit lens.
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2013, 7:04 PM   #14

My first attempt at layer styles, with B&W and color.

Last edited by Keltech; Mar 31, 2013 at 9:50 AM.
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2013, 10:28 AM   #15

Default Art festival

This is an early morning photo at the local arts festival two weekends ago. I don't drink Pepsi -- or lemonade soda for that matter -- I am just trying selective color for the first time.

MacBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2013, 1:15 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
Almost missed the deadline - it's been an especially busy few weeks here at the park. Am very far behind in PP work, but wanted to post something for the challenge, so...

We spotted a very cooperative RT Hawk in the park a few days ago, who patiently permitted my rather close approach. I will post more later, when time permits for better PP work. But here's one pretty good pose, experimenting with selective color. A technique I usually don't like, but wonder what you think of it...
I like the eyes being colored better than the feet/talons. They are both subtle and striking.
MacBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2013, 1:47 PM   #17

This is my first post, I'm Keltech's grandson. I took this picture through the bottom of a picnic table. It is of myself. I shot it with the Pentax K-7 and the lens is the DA 18-55. The photo was edited in Photoshop cs6

-Corey

cjthib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2013, 7:06 PM   #18

I decided to change my entry to one that I took Friday. It was inspired indirectly by Patty (nhmom). It had to do with using a slow shutter speed and moving water - something hard to do in very bright sunshine (I even have the sunburn to prove it).

Taken with the K5 and DA35 macro, through an R72 filter in order to block most light, so I could get a slow shutter speed (2 seconds).
Attached Images

mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2013, 7:07 PM   #19

Welcome, Corey! Love your shot, and can't wait to see more.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2013, 4:41 PM   #20

My votes for Mole's owl. What an effect.
pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote