Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 8, 2013, 8:09 PM   #1

Default Week 39 of 52

Week 39 of 52
Nov 26 Ė Dec 2

Tuesday found me looking for more subjects to use the AFA on. Also, the biweekly challenge topic was metallic. I found quite a few subjects that met both criteria, even if they were not exactly exciting subjects.

Pipe (K5, Viv S1 105 macro and 1.7 AFA)

Scooter (same combination)

Fire Truck (same combination)

Can you guess what this is? I thought it was an interesting detail of a common office item. It actually turned out to be a difficult shot to get right, the lighting was office lights, the object was black and thereís not a huge amount of contrast, except for the line between the silver and the black. I wanted the silver part in focus also, and had a tough time getting the right dof and focus.

They were painting/touching up my favorite building billboard on Wednesday. I took this with the Viv and AFA, one day Iíll have the 300 with me when they are painting it.

I also put together a panorama of the whole poster/ad, donít remember how many frames it turned out to be. If you want to see it for some size comparison, it is at: http://mtngal.zenfolio.com/p487897818/e4deae252 .

It rained Thursday, so I was out looking for spider webs. They put out insecticide fairly often so it can be difficult to find any. I did manage to find one:

And some other dripping things:

Sunday found me out for a walk in a fog.

I did a panorama of the mountains, hereís a link to the photo: http://mtngal.zenfolio.com/p487897818/e4deab1a0

Later I went over to the county park, to have play with the DA300 and 1.7 AFA. The park has some geese that belong to the park. Thereís also any number of visiting birds, on this day they were all mallards.

Good Camouflage:

This one totally ignored me. I did a lousy job framing this one, but really like all the detail in the picture.

Iíve discovered that the AFA plays nicely with some lenses, but not with others. The two Iím going to use it with most are the Viv and the DA300, the logical choices.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 8, 2013, 10:57 PM   #2

I like the series, the 3 water drop shots are fantastic, also the fog

Hans

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2013, 10:46 AM   #3

Love the foggy mountain scenes. I don't know why, but the billboard advertising Les Miserables also captures my imagination. I also really like the water droplets. I have tried, but have never had much success with close-ups of dew drops.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2013, 1:47 PM   #4

What's funny is that I find water drops and drips pretty easy, don't ask me why. Probably because i find them so interesting.

Fog, on the other hand, I find difficult to get right. I was really happy with these pictures because too often I've tried to take similar photos in more or less the same location, and they've been lousy.

I'm surprised neither of you guessed what my "load" picture was. I'm sure its pretty obvious, but I found it really difficult to photograph.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 4:55 PM   #5

Stapler?
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2013, 10:41 PM   #6

Some really nice images here. I love the droplets and the fog. The spider web shot makes it look like they are floating in air.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2013, 10:13 AM   #7

You are right,mtnman, it is a stapler. For some reason I never thought about how they kept the staples together in a strip, I had a vague thought they might have been glued together or something. So I found the close up of them fascinating.

I agree, Patty, the spider web picture was a bit different than others I've taken because the web isn't so visible and there's not much feeling of depth to them, they are more symmetrical than the ones I've taken in the past.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 6:45 AM   #8

Some more very different subject matter. The water droplet shots are my favorites.

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2013, 11:13 PM   #9

Thanks, Lou.