Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 17, 2013, 9:15 AM   #1

Default new adapter

Yesterday was my first walk with my new OEM Pentax K to Q adapter. My Q now has a real shutter when using adapted lenses. The Q has its shutter in the lens on native Q lenses. In past shots my Q used it's electronic sensor scan as a shutter when I was using K mount lenses this resulted in some less than perfect results. The first shot was hand held using a DAL 55-300 (EFL 1650) the rest were my SMC-M 135 f3.5 (750mm) all were manual focus not by choice but because the focus motors are also only in the native lenses. What a struggle chasing a butterfly with a 750mm lens at distance of about 10 feet trying to focus.

Hans
Attached Images

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 17, 2013, 8:45 PM   #2

A nice set. I know how frustrating lizards can be, this is reasonably good but there's quite a bit of CA, which isn't present in the other pictures. I wonder if that's from the adaptor or from the lens? You can correct it with processing if you are so inclined to mess with it.

The moon is really good, but my favorite is the butterfly - I really like that one!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2013, 11:12 PM   #3

Thanks Harriett, it's the lens, I found some PF below the lizards head and fixed that and didn't look any further, my bad. For some reason the Q brings out CA in old glass. The adapter doesn't have any glass just a leaf shutter other than that it's a pass through. The good thing is I'm using the best part of the lens (center) with the small sensor.

Hans

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2013, 7:14 PM   #4

Hans - Looks like the new adapter was a very wise investment! I agree with the CA/PF on that old manual lens. My copy of the same lens has the same problem with the K20D, and apparently the Q just magnifies it. Moon shot shows amazing detail for such a tiny sensor. Butterfly chasing (ps, it's a Gulf Fritillary) is indeed a challenge, but your work sure paid off!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2013, 11:35 AM   #5

Hans it looks like you are having too much fun with the "Q" and the results you are getting are impressive!!

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote