Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 3, 2013, 8:30 PM   #11

Our Red Tailed Hawks are year-round residents here in East Tennessee. But their behavior sure changes in spring. With their minds on mates and defending nesting territory, they are much more approachable. This one let me get very close, and pretty much ignored me the entire time...
Attached Images

mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2013, 8:31 PM   #12

Hope you enjoyed this little glimpse of springtime "out on the trail" in East Tennessee. Thanks in advance for any comments & critique!
Attached Images

Old Apr 3, 2013, 8:32 PM   #13

Kashka - was so busy posting that I almost missed your very kind comments. Thanks! And hoping that springtime will find your region soon!
Old Apr 3, 2013, 8:47 PM   #14

What a delightful series of photos Mole. There are so many beauties in here I couldn't possibly pick a favorite. After a warm (muddy) spring weekend winter has returned to our part of the country. The past two days have felt like February, not April. I am very much looking forward to our first flowers of spring!
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2013, 9:09 PM   #15

Mole..I think I commented mid-posting..I am glad I came back and got to enjoy the rest of the show! And I enjoyed them all..especially your hawk..loved his expression on the second one.And with such nice detail and sharpness I just noticed the yellow horizontal line from each side of his beak...have never seen that before in pictures or illustrations.Great job!!
kashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2013, 9:40 AM   #16

Love the first swallow pic! I have a pair of them that ran my bluebirds out of the nesting box..cant seem to get a good pic of them but will keep trying!
alaurasgolfmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2013, 8:16 PM   #17

Lovely images, mole. It's been getting warm the past few days. Still piles of snow in the yard, but supposed to be in the 50's this weekend. Hoping to get out and shoot some. Although, having been on vacation for two weeks I have lots to do to catch up.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2013, 7:33 PM   #18

MtnMan - Glad you enjoyed these, and hoping your spring is progressing. We had high of 76 degrees (fahrenheit) today!

Kashka - That Hawk sure was a beauty! By the way, you can tell it's a rather young one - their eyes turn brown after a few years...

Alaurasgolfmom - Yes indeed, Tree Swallows are frequent users of bluebird boxes, and can be a bit aggressive! Have you tried setting up some kind of a blind (maybe an old tent) to allow you to get better photos?

Patty - Thanks so much! Hope your work gets caught up soon, and you have more time to enjoy the spring weather...
Old Apr 9, 2013, 10:07 AM   #19

Great series Mole, love the hawk shots and the delicate small flowers. I am looking forward to spring here in Michigan we still don't have any flowers here and just starting to see some robins and rain.

Hans

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2013, 3:07 PM   #20

Will keep that idea in mind
alaurasgolfmom is offline   Reply With Quote