Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 3, 2013, 10:51 PM   #31

Indeed some very interesting photos - many thanks to Ira for a great challenge!

So hard to choose... Mobil's geese are indeed lovely and create an amazing mood, but for sheer simplicity will choose Gary's rubber band.
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2013, 5:32 PM   #32

Mobil's geese won. Who wants to choose the next theme?
pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2013, 10:25 PM   #33

What about Gary, since his rubber band was runner up and was my second choice?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2013, 9:43 AM   #34

Thanks for the votes and kind words. I haven't been on my computer much in the last week. It's been an emotionally exhausting two weeks for us and our family with the passing of my sister. She suffered horribly. It's over now and she's at peace. The geese were kind of symbolic for me as we have 9 members in our family(seven children and our parents). I have been following "Steve's Digicams" for a few years, mostly for the camera reviews and only recently for the forums since I purchased my K-30 about six months ago. And even more recently have registered on here. So, given all of that, I'm not sure of the protocol here but the last post seems to point to the winner of the challenge to choose the next theme. So my suggestion would be "family", it could be people, critters, objects. Anything that conveys a message of "family". If I'm out of line here or if a theme too similar has been used recently then I'm sure someone(given that there's so many very good postings here) would have an excellent suggestion.
mobil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2013, 12:56 PM   #35

Mobil, congratulations on your win and condolences on your family loss. It is customary for the winner to suggest the next topic, and then to select the winner from among the entries, so you are correct. We seem to be straying from tradition, so let's get back to protocol. Since you are new a review of our practices may be in order. Pictures must be taken within the last 90 days with a Pentax DSLR (or by recent consensus, an ILC, which is either a Q or a K--01) and be posted by the end of the current month. The topic can be your suggestion of "Family," if that is your choice.

Last edited by penolta; Jun 7, 2013 at 1:00 PM.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2013, 5:08 PM   #36

Family is a lovely idea. Doesn't have to be a portrait. Could be a place or an object important to your family. A rememberance of someone special.
pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2013, 6:03 PM   #37

Congratulations Mobil, sorry to hear about your loss. Family sounds like an excellent theme. Would you like someone to start the post for you? I imagine that it is a hard time for your family so anything we can do to help, just ask and we will try.
FA 35mm f2, FA 50 f1.4, FA 28-70mm f4, FA 28-80mm f3.5-5.6, FA 80-320mm f4.5-5.6, F 50mm f1.7, Tamron SP 70-200mm f2.8 Di, DA 10-17 f3.5-4.5, DA 14 f2.8, DA 16-45mm f4, DA 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 WR, DA 50-200mm f4-5.6 WR, AF-540FGZ

Olympus E-P2, E-P5, OM-D E-M1: 9mm to 150mm lenses

Last edited by Monza76; Jun 7, 2013 at 6:06 PM.
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2013, 6:07 PM   #38

I haven't been around for a while. Obviously! Looks like I missed a good challenge. Lovely photos in this one. And, my vote would have gone to Mobil, too.

Mobil - I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Having just lost my mom barely a year ago, I can feel your loss. You and the family are in my prayers.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2013, 8:56 PM   #39

Mobil - so sorry to hear of your loss - You & your family will be in our prayers.

PS - congratulations on a well-deserved win, and thanks for taking the time to work out a very interesting June challenge.
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2013, 7:25 AM   #40

Yes. Mobil. I am sorry to hear of your loss.
Take care, Glen
tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote