Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 23, 2013, 3:53 PM   #11

Default There but for fortune

Took individual shots of the old pictures with the Kx, put them together in Elements, framed them and then reshot with the Kx. No processing, left them just as they were. If it doesn't qualify, no problem as this is something I've wanting to do for a while. My grandfather WWI German army artillery Sergeant Johan Boerger with Iron Cross he won in action against the English. My father Paul Carl Boerger WWII United States Marine Corps with shell casing from honor guard salute at his funeral. My dad, born in Germany, used to say about the family's immigration to America when he was a little boy that, "There but for fortune I would have had SS lightning bolts on my uniform instead of the Marine Corps anchor enfolding the world." There but for fortune.
Attached Images

pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2013, 9:40 PM   #12

Yah, definitely qualifies. Nicely done.
mobil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2013, 10:08 PM   #13

So glad that pboerger's photo does qualify. Even if not, this is a great photo and an even better family story to accompany it!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2013, 10:09 PM   #14

Well, it's almost the end of the month, and I never did get the photo I'd planned for this (very interesting) challenge. So here's my entry - a damselfly "family."
Attached Images

Old Jun 23, 2013, 10:55 PM   #15

Finally getting enough energy back to want to go out with a camera. I like this topic because I had the opportunity to go to Tennessee last weekend to visit my youngest son. All the cousins came over for a Fathers' Day party honoring my son, his father-in-law, and me. Daniel got the worst of the deal as the whole family lined up to get pushed on the tree swing.....

Just to be sure I remember the rules..... last 90 days ...Pentax/Samsung camera.... correct? (I have a couple from Christmas period that I like better for this topic, but it's out of the time period.)

Paul

Last edited by Trojansoc; Jun 23, 2013 at 10:59 PM.
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2013, 6:37 PM   #16
daz

A Family day in the park. Farther, two sons and mother. The family that plays together stays together?

DAZ
Attached Images

Painting is an additive art. The artist adds to the canvas until they stop with their version of reality. Digital photography is subtractive art. First we throw away 90 percent of reality then remove what is left bit by bit until we have only the reality we wish to show. Flickr is like fun. PPG is like work. A camera is a machine of light and time with the purpose of capturing a luminous moment. Like the eye it is a tool of the mind.
daz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2013, 8:35 PM   #17

All nice stuff. I think Monza76 takes it with graduating honors. Love the vintage aircraft and family of graduates. I was a maintenance tech myself, crew chief on jet fighters, during my 4 yrs. in the Air Force during the early 70's. Gettin kinda sentimental I guess. I really like Moles damsels. Gotta be the most challenging to get. You have the most amazing shots and the wealth of knowledge to know exactly what it is you're shooting.
mobil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2013, 5:10 PM   #18

My vote's for BobIr trumpeter swans.
pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2013, 6:52 PM   #19

Some really fine images as usual, and interesting diversity of interpretations. Tough to choose, but my vote goes to Pboerger's scanned images.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 10:27 AM   #20

I am partial to Ira's sepia tone, but if the original photo is contemporary, I hope they got to work on newer planes than that old crate!
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote