Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/pentax-samsung-dslr-k-mount-mirrorless-73/)
-   -   Hip Surgery Redux (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/pentax-samsung-dslr-k-mount-mirrorless/207090-hip-surgery-redux.html)

pboerger Jul 10, 2013 11:03 AM

Hip Surgery Redux

5 Attachment(s)
Had to have a part of my total hip replacement redone, so playing with my Kx is a part of the day. The recliner is in a different spot in the room so different views. Some shots and comments. Twisting around I can just get a view of the Shasta daisies. My son's award winning self portrait. The cat can go out anytime he wants. Last shot, what this recovery feels like.

DMJJR Jul 10, 2013 2:18 PM

Just a matter of time

Sorry to hear that-had my right hip replaced May of 2010-so far so good-rehab took a while but worth it in the end. So far the other hip is OK. You will be back on your feet in no time. Good luck

mtngal Jul 10, 2013 3:34 PM

Tough luck, being stuck down again. When my husband had sciatica, he counted the knots in the knotty wood pine planks on the ceiling because he couldn't do much else for a while. Love the cat silhouette, very nicely done. And your view out that window is beautiful, compared to many who look out on brick walls or another building. Hang in there!

lesmore49 Jul 10, 2013 6:54 PM

Sounds like you have some good ways to pass the time while recuperating. Back in May/June 2008 I had pneumonia.

I had bought my first DSLR in Nov. 2007, but never had much time to use it. While recuperating I spent a lot of time...reading the manual and also Yvon Bourque's manual on using the K10D.

Passed the time and got a good understanding of my K10D...along with my only digital lens at the time...the 16-45.

I wish you well for a speedy recovery.

Les

mtnman Jul 10, 2013 9:20 PM

Sorry to hear the surgery had to be re-done. I think I remember when you had it done the first time, you posted a rather unnerving image of the x-ray showing the new ball joint and how it was screwed into your femur. I hope this second one will keep you ambulatory for many years. My doc says I'll probably need one or both knees replaced at some point, but I'm hoping to put that off as long as possible.

Rodney9 Jul 10, 2013 11:34 PM

Beautiful garden, get well soon.

Rodney

DMJJR Jul 11, 2013 9:45 AM

Hip Redux

1 Attachment(s)
Takes a lot of intestinal fortitude to get wheeled into an OR and have your leg cut off- Which is essentially what they do. You will be fine-doing it twice shows your determination. I was a little overweight so over the past 1-1/2 yrs I have lost 60 lbs. Makes a huge difference. I have a ceramic ball and the rest is titanium. I'm sure you will do well.

hnikesch Jul 11, 2013 10:07 AM

No fun at all being stuck inside but you'll be up and around fast good luck with a fast recovery. Nice shots

Hans

pboerger Jul 11, 2013 2:39 PM

Thanks for the support. The cup came loose from the hip. Now has five screws instead of three. So far, so good. Up on crutches for short periods of time. Spotted a new hummingbird in the garden. Going to try and hobble out a shoot it.

mobil Jul 11, 2013 7:51 PM

Hope your recovery goes well. I had back surgury at the end of Nov last year. Rough going for about a month. Seems like distant memory now. Hope yours goes as well.