Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 10, 2013, 6:58 PM   #1

Default August Pentax Challenge - Home "Town"

I can't think of anything unusual at the moment and we are a bit late this month. So this is an easy topic. The reason why I put "town" in quotations is that I don't mean town exactly, but rather your home area. What is it about the area you live in that makes it desirable for you to live there? It can be urban excitement, a wonderful nearby park, a small town surrounded by ....... (fill in the blank as it applies), or whatever is appropriate. In my case it isn't a town at all, I'd probably post a picture of the pine-covered ridge across the narrow valley from the house, or a mountain view taken from an overlook a couple of miles away.

Rules are the usual ones, must be taken by a Pentax interchangeable camera or Samsung dSLR, and either this month (I always try to post something taken for the challenge) or within the past 90 days (since it isn't always possible). Remember to post a photo with the longest side being 800 pixels, that makes it easier to compare.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 13, 2013, 6:32 PM   #2

Belated congratulations on a well-deserved win, and thanks for another interesting topic for this month.
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2013, 7:45 PM   #3

Hmmm, maybe this will get me inspired to get processing. I'll have to go check out some of the older challenges.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2013, 9:03 PM   #4
daz

Default Oddly Eclectic

I don't know if this fits or not but what the heck I kind of like it.

DAZ
Attached Images

Painting is an additive art. The artist adds to the canvas until they stop with their version of reality. Digital photography is subtractive art. First we throw away 90 percent of reality then remove what is left bit by bit until we have only the reality we wish to show. Flickr is like fun. PPG is like work. A camera is a machine of light and time with the purpose of capturing a luminous moment. Like the eye it is a tool of the mind.
daz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2013, 7:51 AM   #5

I know it doesn't qualify but to keep things moving he is my not quite entry, till I find one.
Melbourne and Yarra River
Attached Images

simowills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2013, 3:01 PM   #6

Default Home "Town"

Living in Michigan I believe the Great Lakes are my home, this shot is of a small park on Lake Huron taken with my Pentax Q interchangeable lens camera with the 02 Kit zoom. I live near Lake St. Clair a large lake between Lake Huron and Lake Erie, just north of the Detroit River. Looks like mtngal left the door open for the Q with her description of acceptable cameras, I hope. I spend as much time on the lakes as I can. While I am currently boatless, I do crew on a friends sail boat for races once a week.

Hans
Attached Images

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2013, 8:18 PM   #7

Everyone in Northwest Ohio claims Cedar Point as their own. Since I am a part of that group I would like to consider the Millennium Force as part of my home town!
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2013, 9:24 AM   #8

Default Headwaters Spring

The legendary source of the Sacramento River in the Mount Shasta city park.
Attached Images

pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 7:31 PM   #9

A recent quick snapshot, taken while cycling to a nearby school. Shows some of what's special about Northeast Tennessee - plenty of clear flowing streams, rich green landscapes, fertile farmland, and old buildings still in use by old families...
Attached Images

mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 10:17 PM   #10

It's getting toward the end of the month, its flown by (and I've been gone for a good part of it - I chose a funny topic when I knew I was going to be gone, isn't it?). I still haven't taken anything for myself, but I love what others have posted about their home areas.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote