Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 2, 2013, 3:55 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesmore49 View Post
I've generally had two or more brands on the go since the 70's, Back in the film days I used Leica rangefinder (used), Pentax SLR and Mamiya medium format.
I believe other former Pentax people do and I've always felt everyone is welcome.

Les
Thanks Les, I'm still keeping photography as a hobby and want to keep it that. I already messed up two other hobby's.
Loved to play around with computers -> work in an IT department
Loved Square Dancing -> became a caller.

But I'll come visiting here I nobody minds.

Ronny
Old Oct 2, 2013, 3:58 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnikesch View Post
I am currently using a Canon S100 for carrying around and my Q for playing (I adapt my K mount lenses to my Q). I see that you can get a Pentax K to Fuji X lens adapter if you keep any of your old lenses.

Hans
Got the adapter, and I'll keep it for my macro lens, because fuji doesn't has a 1:1 macro and the one they have is 60mm only 1:2 what is a bit to small.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 11:01 PM   #13

I can certainly understand the lure of m4/3 and EVIL, since I own a Q and use it far more than I do the K5 (though I do use it on occasion, still takes great surfing shots) at this point. Whether I'll upgrade the K5 to the rumored K3 or a possible FF camera next year (? rumored) remains to be seen. Probably not as I love the K5 for what it is. But it is really, really nice to head out without lugging around a huge backpack like I used to do on a regular basis.

Your photos are (as usual) outstanding. I'm really drawn to your first one - I could stand there for quite a while, just enjoying the scene.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2013, 6:39 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
Ronny - Some truly lovely photos for your "curtain call" with Pentax! You will have equally fine images with the new camera. After all, a camera is just a tool, it's your talented eyes that yield the results... Of course, will miss seeing your great shots here, but will try to remember to peek at the Fuji X section of the site from time to time.

And best wishes for a successful, lucrative sale of your Pentax equipment.
Thanks Mole
Old Oct 5, 2013, 6:40 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dane/dawg View Post
Great photos and I hope you enjoy your new system
Thanks Dane/Dawg, I'm already doing that. Just learning the new camera has me out searching for subjects to shoot, something I haven't done in years.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 6:45 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
I can certainly understand the lure of m4/3 and EVIL, since I own a Q and use it far more than I do the K5 (though I do use it on occasion, still takes great surfing shots) at this point. Whether I'll upgrade the K5 to the rumored K3 or a possible FF camera next year (? rumored) remains to be seen. Probably not as I love the K5 for what it is. But it is really, really nice to head out without lugging around a huge backpack like I used to do on a regular basis.

Your photos are (as usual) outstanding. I'm really drawn to your first one - I could stand there for quite a while, just enjoying the scene.
Harriet thanks for the nice remarks, but I'm only going 'EVIL' what concerns the mirror, for the rest my new toy, is still 16mp, has a 2/3 ratio, and is a1.5 cropped sensor so that isn't changing.

First I started looking for a ff but real soon I found out that the thing I wanted was a Pentax in a smaller package. So I got as close as possible, and at almost 2/5 of the size/weight.

Cheers

Ronny