Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 11, 2013, 11:50 PM   #11

I'm trying very hard to not read much about this new camera - there's several things it offers that I would find interesting. But since I still own a K100 (used occasionally primarily with a Hoya R72 filter), K7 (gathering dust, had been my second camera when needed, a backup and Dan's camera when we traveled), K5 and two Q cameras. I would need to unload at least the gathering dust K7 as a minimum before considering a K3. I'm going to wait until I see some comparison pictures, tests and so on.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2013, 11:58 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
I'm trying very hard to not read much about this new camera - there's several things it offers that I would find interesting. But since I still own a K100 (used occasionally primarily with a Hoya R72 filter), K7 (gathering dust, had been my second camera when needed, a backup and Dan's camera when we traveled), K5 and two Q cameras. I would need to unload at least the gathering dust K7 as a minimum before considering a K3. I'm going to wait until I see some comparison pictures, tests and so on.
I'm impressed initially with the first information I've read, but like you I would like to see some reviews, photographs produced, etc.

I also have more DSLR's than I really need now. My K10D (oldie but a goldy), K-m (4 years old ) and my K-5. Touch wood they're all still working fine. Hard for me to rationalize the acquisition of any more cameras at this point.

But that K-3 so far seems like a very impressive camera.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2013, 3:45 PM   #13

The set of new features is impressive and 24 Mp are appealing. Looks like 16Mp are no longer enough on a DSLR and the whole market is moving up.
Hopefully, higher Mpixels on low/mid priced bodies will push for the development of high resolution lenses at more affordable prices to exploit the new sensors' capabilities, otherwise only hard disk makers would benefit.
I'm also really amazed by the "micro-shaking" mechanism which emulates the low-pass filter. Let's see an extensive test.
Anyway, I'm still trying to learn how to "squeeze" the maximum from my k5II.
dam59 is offline   Reply With Quote