Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 29, 2013, 8:16 PM   #1

Default Last Call

2 chairs, 2 angles, 2 post production treatments, 2 different vibes.

Untitled by CCampbell2, on Flickr

Untitled by CCampbell2, on Flickr

Last edited by sumx4182; Nov 29, 2013 at 8:43 PM.
sumx4182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 1, 2013, 10:13 PM   #2

Interesting - they are quite different. I think I like the first one better, but at this resolution, I can't read the words on the chair, which I can on the second one. For your subject, I like the extra texture I see in the first one.

I'd be interested in what others think of them - it's interesting that the relatively small changes you made between the two pictures can make as much difference as it does.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2013, 10:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
Interesting - they are quite different. I think I like the first one better, but at this resolution, I can't read the words on the chair, which I can on the second one. For your subject, I like the extra texture I see in the first one.

I'd be interested in what others think of them - it's interesting that the relatively small changes you made between the two pictures can make as much difference as it does.
Thanks for your comments.

Another place I posted the photos suggested that the second picture looks like an outdoor bar ready to open at first light while the first picture suggest closing time. I found it interesting since both photos were taken consecutively, only seconds apart and they were only sitting a few feet from each other. It's amazing how post production can effect the mood of a photo and still leave each photo believable as though they could have been shot that way.
sumx4182 is offline   Reply With Quote