Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 18, 2013, 9:16 PM   #1

Default Warmth

Warmth by CCampbell2, on Flickr
sumx4182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 19, 2013, 12:08 AM   #2

OK, I give up. What am I looking at? I love the colors and the abstract look to this, but I have no idea what it is. You are having too much fun with that macro lens.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2013, 7:57 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
OK, I give up. What am I looking at? I love the colors and the abstract look to this, but I have no idea what it is. You are having too much fun with that macro lens.
Lol. I didn't think it was puzzling when I shot it. They are fake "embers" from the gas fireplace in my home. They are small pieces of a fabric like material made of minerals that doesn't burn easily so when the flame hits them, they get hot and glow red like embers but take a long time to burn away into nothing. They're used to enhance the look of the fireplace and give the appearance of a wood fire. You can see the glow of the embers and the blue of the flame.
sumx4182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2013, 11:02 PM   #4

You had me fooled. I was guessing we were looking at chicken nuggets on a weird baking sheet, illuminated with some very nice light!
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2013, 11:14 PM   #5

OK, now it makes sense. I thought it might be a gas fireplace or a heat lamp of some sort because of the flame and the metal holes, but I couldn't figure out the fake embers. Now it all makes sense (and you are still having too much fun shooting macro).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote