Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 25, 2014, 10:18 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebee View Post
... Get the best support you can and do the things you love. Your picture is very nice. Tell us more about it.

Will do, and many thanks!
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2014, 9:22 AM   #12

Go beat that Cancer into the ground. Be positive and be strong, being positive and not giving up is very important in the fight. Lost both of my parents to Cancer so I wish you the best in your journey's ahead. I hope the K-7 eeps working for you and gives you a lot of stress relief int he coming months. I own the K-5ii and a K-3 and love them.
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2014, 11:13 AM   #13

Ned, my wife was diagnosed with a type of cancer about 15 years ago. She had to go through about 8 months of very unpleasant chemo treatments, but the treatments worked. Since her diagnosis she has started her own business and has earned another advanced degree. (She is also a much better photographer than I am, but that was the case before she came down with cancer!) You can beat this disease. Best wishes for your new academic programs, and for your medical treatments!
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2014, 1:50 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photo 5 View Post
Go beat that Cancer into the ground. Be positive and be strong, being positive and not giving up is very important in the fight. Lost both of my parents to Cancer so I wish you the best in your journey's ahead. I hope the K-7 eeps working for you and gives you a lot of stress relief int he coming months. I own the K-5ii and a K-3 and love them.
Many kind thanks for your words and encouragement. All the best. Ned
Old Jan 26, 2014, 1:52 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnman View Post
Ned, my wife was diagnosed with a type of cancer about 15 years ago. She had to go through about 8 months of very unpleasant chemo treatments, but the treatments worked. Since her diagnosis she has started her own business and has earned another advanced degree. (She is also a much better photographer than I am, but that was the case before she came down with cancer!) You can beat this disease. Best wishes for your new academic programs, and for your medical treatments!
Wow, thanks so much for writing, really appreciate the words of encouragement!! Thanks and all the best. Ned
Old Jan 26, 2014, 5:21 PM   #16

I like the shots Ned nice job and all the best to you, Great attitude, You can beat it!

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2014, 5:25 PM   #17

Ned - So sorry to not have responded to this sooner - am not near internet much these days. But did want to take time to let you know that my family & I will be praying for you and all your medical team. You are a strong person and you will beat this. Besides, you have to show all those other photo students what great photos the Pentax can take, when it's in talented & capable hands like yours!

PS - will have my Sunday School class praying for you too...
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2014, 1:20 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
... PS - will have my Sunday School class praying for you too...
Many kind thanks! Appreciate the prayers, too. By the way, I took this photo whilst en route to Mänttä to commune an elderly lady. I just had to stop the car and brave the -27 C temps to get this shot, it was like stepping into a painting. Thanks again and all the best! Ned
Old Jan 27, 2014, 1:21 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnikesch View Post
I like the shots Ned nice job and all the best to you, Great attitude, You can beat it!
Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. Means a lot to have so many friends who care. All the best. Ned
Old Jan 27, 2014, 4:20 PM   #20

Lovely shots, my prayers are with you, stay positive and you don't know what you can achieve.

Rodney

My Flickr Photos

Pentax K-5 K20D K100D
Pentax DA 55-300mm 4-5.8 ED / Pentax M 200mm F4 / Pentax Tak K 135mm 2.5 / Pentax M 100mm F4 Macro / Tamron SP AF90mm 2.8 Di Macro / Pentax M 1.7 50mm / Pentax M 2.8 28mm
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote