Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 6, 2014, 3:11 PM   #1

Default Sounds like new Pentax 645D 11 + 50 MP sensor coming

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...1dL_oopLXeU_Gg
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 6, 2014, 9:55 PM   #2

Since there's no way I can afford it, I haven't been paying much attention to it. I have, however, been reading all about the newly announced 1.4 TC. That might be in my future at some point, though I already own the 1.7AFA.

Also, I'm paying attention to the rumors about the Pentax flu card going on sale soon, that's probably going to be my next purchase. I'll hold off on the TC - if I were to get it I would immediately want the DFA 100 WR macro (for the weather sealing) and I already have a perfectly good, well-loved Vivitar Series One 105 macro. It's just that there's times I'd really like to have the weather sealing.

Sigh - so many cool things and so little budget!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 1:02 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
Since there's no way I can afford it, I haven't been paying much attention to it.

Same here. The 645D is of just academic interest to me, unless I win the lottery...a big lottery.
I have, however, been reading all about the newly announced 1.4 TC. That might be in my future at some point, though I already own the 1.7AFA.That 1.4 sounds quite good. I have an old Pentax TC...think it's a 2 X. Haven't used it much. Tried it on my 55-300 and the photo quality was fine.

Also, I'm paying attention to the rumors about the Pentax flu card going on sale soon, that's probably going to be my next purchase. I'll hold off on the TC - if I were to get it I would immediately want the DFA 100 WR macro (for the weather sealing) and I already have a perfectly good, well-loved Vivitar Series One 105 macro. It's just that there's times I'd really like to have the weather sealing.A friend of mine up here has the 100 WR Macro. I've tried it a bit. It's a beautiful little lens and the construction quality seems top notch.

Sigh - so many cool things and so little budget!
That's the case for sure.

During the past couple of years, however I've been fortunate enough to pick up some Pentax Limited primes...the 21mm, 40mm and 70 mm. They are gems and the sharpness of all these lenses is exceptional.

Les
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 10:45 AM   #4

Yowsah!! That body and a couple of 645 lenses would cost more than my car.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 3:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Emory View Post
Yowsah!! That body and a couple of 645 lenses would cost more than my car.
Well, you are talking medium format, and compared to other medium format systems (think Hasselblad) the price is reasonable. And you can always use old 645 (film) lenses, which are plentiful and can be found at more affordable prices. But it's still well out of my price-range without winning the Powerball or other mega-lottery. And even if I could afford it, would I want to buy a heavier, bulkier camera than what I already have?

On the other hand, I've handled the current 645 and it feels great - not that heavy and it fits in my small hands nicely. I thought I would be able to use it without much problem - and Dan loved it when he tried it. That was his dream camera.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 3:42 PM   #6

That is one nice thing about Pentax cameras, older lenses are not obsolete. My first film camera was a Pentax Spotmatic F. I think back then they were called Ashahi Pentax. I'm sure I don't have Ashahi spelled right.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 7:54 PM   #7

James - My first camera was an "imitation" Pentax Spotmatic - a Praktica Nova. Also had a Fujica at one time, but never a "genuine" Asahi Pentax!

645D II looks like an amazing camera - far beyond my budget, but would love to see some landscape photos taken with one...
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2014, 7:04 AM   #8

I've just sold my 1.7 TC so the new 1.4 could be the go!
Simon
simowills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2014, 5:13 PM   #9

Mole, my very first SLR was an Exacta made in East Germany. I spent quite a bit of time in Germany and I bought it from a local camera shop in Wurzburg. No light meter built in or nothing fancy but it took pretty good pictures. The Spotmatic was a beautiful upgrade and no more light meter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
James - My first camera was an "imitation" Pentax Spotmatic - a Praktica Nova. Also had a Fujica at one time, but never a "genuine" Asahi Pentax!

645D II looks like an amazing camera - far beyond my budget, but would love to see some landscape photos taken with one...