Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 16, 2014, 1:10 PM   #11

That is a great shot and tells the whole story.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 7:09 PM   #12

What wonderful stories. I am in awe. I had a Kodak Instamatic when I was a kid, but my first "serious" camera was a Konica C35, which I bought shortly after I took a photography class my senior year in high school. I owned that camera for about 5 or 6 years, and took it all over: to the summit of Mt Rainier, throughout Europe when I spent a semester in Spain, and to Guatemala and El Salvador on a geology field trip. The camera finally died around 1981, and I still miss it. I then bought an Olympus OM-1, my first SLR, and my only film SLR. When I started dating the woman who would become my wife, I was delighted to learn that she also enjoyed photography. (I very soon learned that she had a much better eye that I did, and that continues to this day.) I bought my first Pentax DSLR, a K-100, some time around 2008.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2014, 7:48 AM   #13

My dad bought me my first camera, a Kodak Instamatic which I took to Washington DC on our family vacation. My wife and I bought our first camera on our honeymoon in 1978, a Kodak Colorburst instant camera! When we went to Thailand in 1980 to work with the Christian and Missionary Alliance we needed a decent camera so got a Minolta XG-1. First digital camera was a Kodak DC 260 given to me by a friend when we were dorm parents in a school for Missionary Kids in Germany. My first DSLR was my present camera the Pentax ist DL. In between all that I had a Canon Rebel and a Kodak DC 4800.
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2014, 8:33 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrics51 View Post
My dad bought me my first camera, a Kodak Instamatic which I took to Washington DC on our family vacation. My wife and I bought our first camera on our honeymoon in 1978, a Kodak Colorburst instant camera! When we went to Thailand in 1980 to work with the Christian and Missionary Alliance we needed a decent camera so got a Minolta XG-1. First digital camera was a Kodak DC 260 given to me by a friend when we were dorm parents in a school for Missionary Kids in Germany. My first DSLR was my present camera the Pentax ist DL. In between all that I had a Canon Rebel and a Kodak DC 4800.
I guess I'm an old geezer because my first camera was a Kodak Starflash that took those M2 bulbs I believe, cannot remember, too old. :-) Problem was, as a kid with a meager allowance, I couldn't afford to shoot color film, cost too much to develop. The only roll of color I shot was the roll that came with the kit. Oh, and by the way, that is the kit lens on the camera.