Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 20, 2014, 8:25 PM   #11

Wonderful photographs, especially the icicle shots. You are a master with the camera.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2014, 7:33 PM   #12

I agree completely. These are just wonderful photos.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2014, 7:18 AM   #13

I agree, too. Masterful work.
MacBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2014, 2:35 PM   #14

Great series-are you using a ND filter in order to use a slow shutter speed? Still using the K20d-what lens?
DMJJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2014, 11:14 AM   #15

And they pay you!
pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2014, 5:39 PM   #16

Les - You are too kind!

MtnMan - Thanks! It is a lovely location - so glad it is a federally protected location as well.

MacBook - It's easy to get good photos at such a photogenic location - you should come visit sometime!

DMJJR - Yes, still using the good-old K20D - it does all I need, and besides, it's paid for! To answer your questions - I use a polarizer, and aim for densely overcast days if possible, to help reduce both glare and shutter speed. Should probably invest in a good ND one of these days too. Lenses used in these photos include: DA 15, DA 21, FA 28, FA 50 macro, DA 70 and FA 100 macro.

Pboerger - I am indeed blessed to get to work in such lush natural places. But actually, most of the photos I post here were taken on my own time, rather than work time...
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2014, 7:09 PM   #17

Amazing you can get those results without a ND filter. Great shots! One more question-did you have to make focus adjustments in the camera for any of your lenses? Thanks
Old Feb 25, 2014, 5:49 PM   #18

[QUOTE=mole;1368790]
DMJJR - Yes, still using the good-old K20D - it does all I need, and besides, it's paid for! To answer your questions - I use a polarizer, and aim for densely overcast days if possible, to help reduce both glare and shutter speed. Should probably invest in a good ND one of these days too. Lenses used in these photos include: DA 15, DA 21, FA 28, FA 50 macro, DA 70 and FA 100 macro.

QUOTE]

Mole, interesting to see the lenses you use, a lot of primes. I recently...over the past couple of years...have bought some Limited primes...the 21mm, 40mm and 70mm. I also have a FA 50 Macro.

I really enjoy my zooms, but I have to say in the past couple of years I've been using those primes and have been very happy with them.

The clarity, bokeh and hard to describe....but they seem to provide a 'different' look that the zooms. Hard to explain.

I also have an oldie, but a goodie...my K10D. From 100 t0 400 ISO in terms of resolution, colour rendition, etc....it bears comparison with my newer K-5.

Those old cameras such as the K10D and K20D...do the job !

Les
Old Feb 25, 2014, 9:27 PM   #19

I also have some primes-the DA 15, DA 21, DA 40, DA 70-that's why I asked if lens correction was needed. They all work great on my old Ist DS-leery to use them on my K20d which stays home most of the time.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 8:40 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMJJR View Post
I also have some primes-the DA 15, DA 21, DA 40, DA 70-that's why I asked if lens correction was needed. They all work great on my old Ist DS-leery to use them on my K20d which stays home most of the time.
I use my Limited 21, 40 and 70 on my K10D, K-m and K-5 bodies. So far my photos seem sharp and clear and I haven't done any lens correction.

Les