Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 19, 2014, 10:38 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnikesch View Post
My favorite shot ever was shot with a Pentax ME Super Program with SMC-A 50 f1.7. We had gotten up early to drive from Yellowstone to Jackson Hole and I saw this image through my rear view mirror, turned the van around under protest of my sleeping wife, brother and sister in law got out and waited in the cold for the fog to be just right, one of my favorite vacations ever great memories , hope film Pentax SLR is OK
Hans,

What a wonderful photograph!
MacBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2014, 12:01 PM   #12

Default Rail Jam

As the only skier on the newspaper staff, I got the duty to shoot the events at our local ski park. I took hundreds of shots over the years, freezing on the slopes to get the best angle for the races. This shot is of a Rail Jam contest held some years ago. Thankfully it was held at the base, so I could really set up for the shots. This is not only one of my all time favorites, but I rank it the best picture I have ever taken. The snow flying up from the skies, the skier's expression, Mount Shasta in the background and the pose are perfect. It doesn't get any better.
Attached Images

pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2014, 7:26 PM   #13

My favorite image was probably this one taken in 2007 (Dragon Boat Race - Toronto) with A300F4. It is self explanatory. But what is hidden is the drive of a multi racial team for a Chinese traditional sport.

Large file warning of the original image
http://www.pbase.com/danieltong/image/80704601/original

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2014, 11:26 AM   #14

Default About to dive

Many of my best older pictures no longer have their Exif files attached, and since I use both Pentax and Sony cameras, I have no memory of which camera was used for them. This one, however, taken with the Pentax K20D in 2008, is one of my favorites - it is part of a series of a diving pelican. I chose this one out of the series because of the detail and pose, in which you can see the intent of the bird as it prepares to dive, its gaze fixed on its target - dropping its feet which will act as air brakes, and holding its wings ready to slow down its forward progression and raise up in a stall so it can drop down in a dive. If birds had an expression, you could see the concentration and determination in its demeanor. The next one in the sequence fits the description a bit better, but this one (#1) is my favorite.

Name:  5_IMGP0066r.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  66.6 KB

Name:  6_IMGP0062r.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  52.0 KB
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2014, 8:41 PM   #15

Great topic for the challenge! I almost missed it - have been busy out on the trail so much lately.

At first it seemed hard to choose a favorite. Usually my favorite is just the one I just snapped!

But then I thought of this one - a snapshot of our youngest grandchild. Taken when she was just a week old. Now she's an "ancient" three-month old! They grow up so fast, and photos are such a fun way to remember...
Attached Images

mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2014, 10:02 PM   #16

mole, I can't compete with the beauty of your grandchild, but I am glad to rejoin the fun with what I think of whenever anyone makes the comment....you favorite photo ever. This is one for which I got up at 4am, drove up the Kamehameha highway to Kualoa Beach Park to watch sunrise. Nature gave me a show. (BTW,. I am feeling enough better that, for the first time in several months, I saw something in nature that I wanted to photograph..... more work on stents last weekend....everything looks good, and I now again have enough energy to be interested in photography.)

Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2014, 9:13 AM   #17

Wow. This is a great challenge. Talk about every picture tells a story. This is going to be a tough vote.
Old May 2, 2014, 11:17 AM   #18

There certainly are a lot of wonderful shots and wonderful stories. I just went back through them again and I think I am going to start the voting by casting mine for Penolta's first Pelican. There are actually none I couldn't vote for, but the Pelican pose is so captivating, much more so than the typical bird in flight.
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2014, 7:34 AM   #19

A vote for Mole's grandchild.
Old May 4, 2014, 6:56 PM   #20

What a tough choice! Every month I have a hard time choosing, but this month was even more difficult than usual. After much deliberation, I am voting for Paul's (Trojansoc's) sunrise photo.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote