Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 24, 2014, 4:08 AM   #11

Just want to inform you guys that I ordered a new K-50 with 18-135mm lens + 1 extra battery yesterday. The price difference between the K-30 and the K-50 was minimal (less than 115$), so I got "the latest one", not because it will be better, but it will be newer and have slightly different technology (2 autofocus-systems).

Thank you again for all advise given!

Best regards,
Walter

Quote: "Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer. - It makes you a camera owner".
Curious about my photography?
You may look up my small portfolio on the Norwegian photo-forum: http://walter_s.foto.no/ - click - "LATEST" on left bottom of page.
You may then click any thumbnail to view the picture and click again on the displayed picture for an unobstructed full screen view. Enjoy!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2014, 10:30 AM   #12

I promised a picture, once I got the camera into my hands. Was out yesterday evening until the sun went down to test-shoot the K-50. Here is what I brought home:

Thank you for your help in choosing this camera. i am sure I will appreciate it in time to come, when I have learned all the different technical settings. This was just before the sun went below the horizon, hence the warm colors on the trees.

Quote: "Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer. - It makes you a camera owner".
You may look up my small portfolio on the Norwegian photo-forum: http://walter_s.foto.no/ - click - "LATEST" on left bottom of page.
You may then click any thumbnail to view the picture and click again on the displayed picture for an unobstructed full screen view. Enjoy!

Last edited by Walter_S; Jul 1, 2014 at 10:32 AM.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 11:04 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
I promised a picture, once I got the camera into my hands. Was out yesterday evening until the sun went down to test-shoot the K-50. Here is what I brought home:

Thank you for your help in choosing this camera. i am sure I will appreciate it in time to come, when I have learned all the different technical settings. This was just before the sun went below the horizon, hence the warm colors on the trees.
THAT is drop-dead gorgeous!
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2014, 10:47 AM   #14

Thank you Gary. I find the K-50 quite responsive and really appreciate the big buffer for sequential shooting. My good old and trusted Nikon D300s quits long before the K-50 when it comes to reading and writing exposures to the memory card in continuous shooting.
I find the screen difficult to see in strong sunlight, but the viewfinder is excellent.

Best wishes,
Walter

Edit: Looks a bit on the RED side here ...strange. Not the clouds (they look all right to me), but the ship?

Last edited by Walter_S; Jul 3, 2014 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Additional text:
Old Jul 3, 2014, 3:30 PM   #15

Nice job!
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2014, 1:32 PM   #16

Quote:
I find the screen difficult to see in strong sunlight, but the viewfinder is excellent.
You may find one of those inexpensive folding LCD hoods helpful in this regard. I find them quite useful. Enjoy the camera.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2014, 8:25 AM   #17

Very nice shots, you did good, congrats on the camera

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2014, 7:37 PM   #18

You are getting some GREAT results with your new camera. Of course, any camera will give great results in talented hands!!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote