Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 10, 2014, 7:18 PM   #1

Default July Challenge - Post Process

I love taking photos, but I also love working on them from a processing standpoint. Standard rules apply. Show me your favorite or best recent processing work. It can be subtle or dramatic...

For fun, post the raw, untouched image along with the processing so we can see your handy work!
sumx4182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 12, 2014, 4:21 PM   #2

I haven't done much PP on my Pentax images but this one sure needed it. Most of my PP has been to my P&S images shot during sailboat races at dusk, Amazing how good you can make a P&S image look
Attached Images

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:

Last edited by hnikesch; Jul 12, 2014 at 7:17 PM.
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2014, 7:05 PM   #3

WoW you pulled a lot out of that shot . . great processing

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pastorbbc/
Old Jul 12, 2014, 8:26 PM   #4

Default Sunrise

Shot with my old Km. Used shadow/highlight, contrast and sharpness.
Attached Images

pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2014, 8:46 PM   #5

Not the best. But, we went out to Humarock, Masschusetts today and ended up wandering all over the place. Most of my photos were taken from the car, through a dirty windshield, as was this one. Usually I'm taking photos of the Zakim Bridge at night. It's unusual for us to be going this direction through Boston during the day. Anyway, looking through my images I almost deleted this one, but decided to see what I could do with it. it's not a great image, but shows what I got out of it.

And, here's the original.

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2014, 1:16 PM   #6

Love the results so far! It's really interesting how you can recover what looks to be a throwaway or take a good photo and make it great. Hope to see more and I'll have to come up with something good for my entry!
sumx4182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:01 PM   #7
daz

Default Dock on the lake

This is kind of a sow's ear of a photo. I was just out taking photos with a lens I just got back from CRIS. Not a great day to take photos.

I usually take my photos in RAW and try to preserve the highlights so that I can use all the DR. This usually makes the photos look dark but as I am PP (because they are in RAW) this is not much of a problem.

The first is basically just like a JPG out of the camera but was on the computer.

The next is PP the heck out of. More then I usually do.

When I do BW I start with making the color look the way I want then turn it into BW So the last is a BW. I am showing the color because 1) it could be were I would stop and 2) it is a big part of the BW process if that is were you want to go.

DAZ
Attached Images

Painting is an additive art. The artist adds to the canvas until they stop with their version of reality. Digital photography is subtractive art. First we throw away 90 percent of reality then remove what is left bit by bit until we have only the reality we wish to show. Flickr is like fun. PPG is like work. A camera is a machine of light and time with the purpose of capturing a luminous moment. Like the eye it is a tool of the mind.
daz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2014, 1:16 PM   #8

NOT AN ENTRY

since these are out of period and not Pentax, but since there are so few posts, I thought I would add this one as another example

Name:  DSC00072.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  60.9 KB

Name:  DSC00072r.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  96.9 KB
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2014, 9:32 PM   #9

Hmmm. Was hoping to see some more images from our crew. I know they're out there. Seems everyone is as busy as I've been.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2014, 10:18 AM   #10

Let's vote. Hinkesh gets my vote. A very nice shot saved by PP.
pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote