Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 3, 2014, 2:11 PM   #1

Default 3 year warranty check up

It's time for my 3 year warranty checkup for my K5. Just wanted to confirm if anyone knows I still send the camera to 250 North 54th St, Chandler, AZ. I'll try to call Pentax tomorrow, too.

Thanks, Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 3, 2014, 5:21 PM   #2

I live about 25 miles from the address you mentioned. I was in contact with them last week about an adjustment-as of Aug 1 they are no longer the repair center for Pentax. Ricoh has designated a new center in Conn. Don't send it to Chandler, AZ!

dmjjr
DMJJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2014, 8:10 PM   #3

Oh, well at least CT is closer than AZ. Glad I asked first. Who knows where my camera would end up. I'm not exactly positive when my 3 years is up either. I bought my camera 9/27/11, but didn't get my extended warranty until 11/14/11 because it wasn't available when I got the camera. Had to wait for B&H to have back in stock.

Reason I'm hesitating sending it off now is finally, after three months, my future daughter-in-law has agreed it's okay for me to take family photos of the baby and them. She kept telling me she didn't want/need any. So, I've only got photos she's taken with her phone recently.

Here's the only real photo I have of him on his "birth" day.

Old Aug 3, 2014, 9:00 PM   #4

Based on my experience with them plan on the camera being gone at least 4-6 weeks-and if it is non-warranty work min charge is $ 200.
DMJJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2014, 10:08 PM   #5

Thanks for the input. This is just to be cleaned under the 3 year warranty deal. Nothing is wrong with the camera.