Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 7, 2014, 10:21 PM   #11

Congrats on the new tool, with your skills a new body can only make things better. Looks like you are already off to a great start.

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:12 AM   #12

Great shots from you-like always. Are you using any sharpening tools? I just bought the K5 iis & find I have to use "unsharp mask" on any shot I want clear.
DMJJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2014, 1:12 PM   #13
csa

Wow! Those shots with the 400, are really making me antsy waiting to get mine! The bird photos are unbelievable!

I too am looking into getting another body, even though my K10D is awesome; now the K5 in your capable hands have me considering one, as well!

~Pentax K10D~
~FZ40~
csa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2014, 1:14 PM   #14
csa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMJJR View Post
Great shots from you-like always. Are you using any sharpening tools? I just bought the K5 iis & find I have to use "unsharp mask" on any shot I want clear.
That doesn't seem to be the way that camera should be!

~Pentax K10D~
~FZ40~
Old Dec 8, 2014, 5:31 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMJJR View Post
Doesn't sound right to me either, Try comparing an image using the finder and the same image using liveview, if the Liveview image is sharper you may need to adjust the AF.

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2014, 8:40 PM   #16

Pastor- Thanks! Another advantage to the K-5 for "critter" shots is the MUCH quieter shutter.

Harriet - Thanks for the very helpful advice!

Hans - Thanks so much!

DMJJR - To answer your question - have been shooting mostly raw lately, and usually add just a tiny bit of sharpening, along with denoising, with Noiseware Pro. But even without sharpening, the jpg's from K20 and from K5 come out plenty sharp enough for me. Since K 5IIs is supposed to be even sharper, sounds like something's not right with yours. Would definitely agree with Hans that you should check to see if AF adjustments are necessary.

Carol - KEH has several K-5's right now, and are offering free ground shipping through Saturday. But with all the folks jumping in and buying K5IIS and K3, there will probably continue to be plenty of good used K-5's around for a while! Has your new 400mm lens come in yet? Can't wait to see your great photos with it!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2014, 11:38 AM   #17

Default "Soft"

Please see the attached-K5-iis using 55-300. Looks soft to me-looked at it on (3) different computers. Shouldn't have to use a tripod with a shutter speed of 1/1000. Any ideas?
Attached Images

DMJJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:52 AM   #18
csa

Mole: " Has your new 400mm lens come in yet? "

I'm getting it right after Christmas!!! I'm so excited to get it, and start using it; especially after seeing your beautiful results with it!

~Pentax K10D~
~FZ40~
Old Dec 21, 2014, 9:41 AM   #19

Mole..love all your photos but I just have to say the waterfall ones are just plain magical!
kashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2014, 3:31 PM   #20

Carol - Just a few more days...

Kashka - Thanks so much!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote