Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 1, 2015, 1:30 PM   #1

Default KS1 full operating manual

Apparently this is not available on the US website, and Pentax does not provide one with the camera - at least mine had only a "Start Guide". I get a "Not Found" message from their link. Here is a link where you can download one in English from the UK:

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.uk/en/op...-download.html
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 1, 2015, 7:41 PM   #2

I think I downloaded mine from the Japan site, or else somewhere in Europe. This isn't the first time I've seen where the Pentax USA site was behind the times or had other problems.

After my initial irritation that they didn't include the manual in the box, I decided it's not such a big deal for me. I downloaded it to my iPad and opened it in iBooks, so I can look something up in the index and click on it to go to the right page. Having read several Pentax owners manuals, it's not like I have to read everything.

Since I'm coming from the K3, there's a number of things that I didn't figure out on my own. I often use select AF point and the K3 has a separate button to go back and forth between changing the focus point and the basic functions of the arrow keys. I was at a loss how to do that because the K-S1 doesn't have that button and needed to read the manual to find out (answer - hold the OK button for a second and it will toggle between the two. Not a big deal now that I know how to do it!).

But I do miss having the hard copy in my hands.

How are you doing with the new camera?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:42 AM   #3

I am going out tomorrow to give it more than an inhouse trial - some accessories are due to arrive today Apparently there are many similarities to the K50 - I wonder if there is a hard copy manual for that one? Of the many Pentaxes I have owned over he years, this is the first to be without one. That's the digital age for you. If you are old fashioned (experienced or just old?) like I am, you expect more than money saving short-cuts.

This camera is so compact, I can see where people with large hands (mine aren't) would have trouble with the grip and buttons. I have to use a fingernail on some of them!

Last edited by penolta; Jan 2, 2015 at 11:52 AM.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote