Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:59 AM   #1

Default Monthly Challenge Isn't Working

I really enjoy the Monthly Challenge. The contest, however, has more and more stretched out into the next month without the votes counted and a new challenge offered. I am offering to count the votes and offer the new subject in a timely manner based on requests from forum members. I understand folks get busy or have life intervene. If you want, I'll take it over.
pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 13, 2015, 8:06 AM   #2

I appreciate you being willing. Thank you.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pastorbbc/
Old Jan 13, 2015, 10:49 AM   #3

The whole forum in general is slightly broken. Look at the stickies in this section! It needs a bit of direction and moderation IMHO.
sumx4182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2015, 2:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumx4182 View Post
The whole forum in general is slightly broken. Look at the stickies in this section! It needs a bit of direction and moderation IMHO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pboerger View Post
I really enjoy the Monthly Challenge. The contest, however, has more and more stretched out into the next month without the votes counted and a new challenge offered. I am offering to count the votes and offer the new subject in a timely manner based on requests from forum members. I understand folks get busy or have life intervene. If you want, I'll take it over.
I agree the traffic in this forum has reduced considerably over the last year and people still here seem not to visit often, it's hard to have a contest without participants.

pboerger's plan may help and I am all for it

Hans

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2015, 8:15 PM   #5

I have returned after a long time due to personal reasons and I have noticed the forum change also..Kudos for the offer!
kashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:35 PM   #6

There's usually a lull at this time of the year, then many who aren't active return in the spring. I know I've been among the missing for most of this year, lots of reasons why.

Our challenge has evolved from what it first was, changing as the people changed. Like any other bulletin board, people come and go as time passes. It seemed to me over a year ago that it wasn't quite meeting the desires of the people who frequent this part of Steve's, but didn't know what would, and I didn't have time or an idea of what would.

I think pboerger's offer is a great idea - he's willing to keep the admin stuff moving along. Whether that is enough to keep the challenge fresh and meet the desires of enough people to keep it going remains to be seen, but it's a great first start.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2015, 1:32 PM   #7

I do not visit as often as I did, however that may change over the next few months. Now that I am using a K7 as my rough-and-ready camera I find its performance advantages over the K20D is renewing my interest in DSLRs.

I have been playing with Olympus CSC cameras for the last couple of years but they are a different species and do not give me all of the satisfaction I get from my Pentaxes. The image quality is just as good in most cases but the experience of using them is so different. The M4/3 gear will probably be used more for informal travel and street photography where the small size and quiet operation are definite positives.

Oops, I do tend to ramble don't I? pboerger has a good idea there, I am all for it.
FA 35mm f2, FA 50 f1.4, FA 28-70mm f4, FA 28-80mm f3.5-5.6, F 50mm f1.7, Tamron SP 70-200mm f2.8 Di, DA 10-17 f3.5-4.5, DA 14 f2.8, DA 16-45mm f4, DA 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 WR, DA 50-200mm f4-5.6 WR, AF-540FGZ

Olympus E-P2, E-P5, OM-D E-M1: 9mm to 150mm lenses