Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:00 PM   #1

Default DNG to JPG converter

Help. I have 70 photos to convert to jpg so my son's fiancÚ can go through them and let me know which she wants me to work on.

I thought I already had a program on my computer, but am not quickly finding anything. What programs does anyone use for this? Or, can recommend?

Thanks, Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:01 PM   #2

What programs do you already have? The software that came with your camera should be able to open them and then do a 'Save as" .jpeg.
If you have Irfanview, it is quite good at doing batch conversions.
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:44 PM   #3

I do have irfanview and looked in because I thought it did it, but didn't see anything. What did I miss? Also have pse11, photome, another one or more, can't remember names right now. I'm on my phone.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2015, 8:22 AM   #4

In irfanview use batch conversion under file menu. You can convert all photos there with one click once you have everything set. I've found it easier to create a separate folder for the converted files, then direct the conversion feature to save the jpgs there.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 8:24 AM   #5

I found this but didn't try it yet

Photoshop Elements 7

Click FILE> click PROCESS MULTIPLE FILE> a window will open then select the SOURCE and the DESTINATION> at the bottom there is a box you can click to check and select the type of conversion, that it says CONVERT FILES TO then click to select from a drop down window which kind if JPEG...PDF..TIFF...ETC. And also you will notice, there is another box on the right hand side of the current window there is an option if want to use QUICK FIX and LABELS. This two options can help you automatically fix contrast, sharpen, etc. Hope this will help.

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2015, 3:51 PM   #6

Picasa, it is free from Google and it will export jpeg files in whatever size you want without altering your DNG files. I use Picasa for quick conversions that will only make small prints or online viewing and Lightroom if I am serious about the final result (such as a large print).
FA 35mm f2, FA 50 f1.4, FA 28-70mm f4, FA 28-80mm f3.5-5.6, F 50mm f1.7, Tamron SP 70-200mm f2.8 Di, DA 10-17 f3.5-4.5, DA 14 f2.8, DA 16-45mm f4, DA 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 WR, DA 50-200mm f4-5.6 WR, AF-540FGZ

Olympus E-P2, E-P5, OM-D E-M1: 9mm to 150mm lenses