Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 10, 2015, 10:21 AM   #1

Default Precision Camera Repair

Anyone have dealings with the new warranty repair center?
DMJJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 11, 2015, 7:54 PM   #2

Yes. On my phone so can't go into a lot of detail. I sent my K5 in last fall just under the three year warranty for cleaning. Had many, many issues including getting my camera back. Was very frustrated and let Ricoh know numerous times during the process. If you want details, I can expand on later.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2015, 8:05 PM   #3

I was afraid of that-they haven't replied to my email. Too bad they changed repair center-the previous one in AZ was very responsive.
Must have had something to do with $$
Old May 12, 2015, 10:15 PM   #4

Still on phone. Yes, I emailed and it took days to hear back from them. Then they kept asking me for credit card number and not telling me why. I had sent my Pentax 18-55 lens with the serial # sticker and asked if they could put back on. I finally found out that was what they were charging me for. Something like $78 to do. I told them just clean camera and return all to me. They emailed me back again asking for cc #. I told them all again. This went on for weeks. I called Ricoh and know they did something because I got another email from Precision. But, still no answers. Oh, and I sent it certified mail so knew they had received it, but it took month for them to acknowledge they had it. But, it still didn't show up on their webpage for another month I think. And only the lens, if I remember right. Not the camera. I eventually got it back in pieces. I mean one piece at a time. Not broken. It was an ordeal. I wondered if I would ever see it again. They kept telling me they were backed up having just taken over the Ricoh contract that month. But, they were very disorganized.
Old May 13, 2015, 9:39 AM   #5

Thanks for the info-sorry it has been such a nightmare-pentax has such loyal customers-Ricoh should be ashamed of themselves for designating this vendor & it is the only one you can use. We deserve better
Old May 16, 2015, 9:09 PM   #6

Yes we do. I hope they change before I have to use them again.