Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 10, 2015, 4:36 PM   #11
daz

We have come to my least favorite and most difficult part of these monthly challenges. The choosing of this month’s challenge winner. I had managed to distract myself playing with my new lens but I can put it off no longer. Not only is it difficult choosing among the fine photos presented but this month we have a little bit of confusion in the vote.

Hnikesch entered one photo and then withdrew that photo and entered a 2nd photo. Lyrics51 voted for this 1st photo and then Monza76 voted for hnikesch leaving in ambiguity as to which of the 2 photos he was voting for.

So the count stands as follows:
1 for gfurm.
1 for hnikesch 1st photo. This photo was withdrawn.
1 for hnikesch 2nd possibly 1st photo.

This leaves me with an obvious conundrum. All of the photos presented are very good photos. All of the photos also demonstrate a very good understanding of this month’s challenge of perspective. But the problem becomes even worse when I go to cast my vote. Even though I like hnikesch’s 1st photo very much not only did he withdraw it but in my opinion doesn’t show the importance of perspective the most clearly. In my opinion the photo that demonstrates the importance of perspective the most clearly is mtngal’s photo. If she had moved her perspective left or right, up or back she would’ve lost the unique perspective of her photo.

So with no winner clear or otherwise I am asking the group for guidance or at the very least more votes.

DAZ
Painting is an additive art. The artist adds to the canvas until they stop with their version of reality. Digital photography is subtractive art. First we throw away 90 percent of reality then remove what is left bit by bit until we have only the reality we wish to show. Flickr is like fun. PPG is like work. A camera is a machine of light and time with the purpose of capturing a luminous moment. Like the eye it is a tool of the mind.
daz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2015, 9:55 PM   #12
daz

Well with no further input I have no choice but to make a decision. As I have to make the decision then and I will go with my choice mtngal. Congratulations mtngal.

DAZ
Painting is an additive art. The artist adds to the canvas until they stop with their version of reality. Digital photography is subtractive art. First we throw away 90 percent of reality then remove what is left bit by bit until we have only the reality we wish to show. Flickr is like fun. PPG is like work. A camera is a machine of light and time with the purpose of capturing a luminous moment. Like the eye it is a tool of the mind.
daz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2015, 10:52 PM   #13

That's a surprise! A nice surprise, but a surprise. It's about the last picture I took of G.G. (Green Giant) before I sold him to a teenager for her first car. The mile long grin on her face made parting with my favorite car easy.

I'll post a new topic tomorrow afternoon, I have several ideas in my head at the moment.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2015, 4:54 PM   #14

A heartfelt (if very belated) congratulations! If I'd been around at the time, would have voted for yours as well!!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote