Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 31, 2016, 9:45 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
Congratulations on your retirement, and on the new "retirement tools" (K-1 as well as camper). Now you just need to plan a long road trip to East Tennessee!!
Tennessee and Kentucky are definitely on my list of places to visit, though it doesn't look like it will be this summer. I need to be home in September and half of October, but after that I'm keeping an open mind. I may go somewhere this winter or I may stay home and enjoy any snow we might have. It will be wonderful to not have to go anywhere when the roads are bad, I can either roll over and go back to sleep or else go out and play - my choice. I have a vague idea of going east in the spring, spending most of the summer working my way up the east coast and into Canada, then perhaps back south to New England for some autumn color before heading further south and then home for a while. But I don't know - I also want to go to Alaska, visit Moab either in the spring or fall (might try to go the end of October this year), see Florida (not during hurricane season though!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
Congratulations on the transition into retirement. I may be transitioning into that phase as well. My job moves to Michigan by April 2017 and I am eligible for retirement. So I opted to decline the move and will "retire" and take advantage of the severance package instead. Travel, flying lessons, and some part time work are in my future!

Even though I no longer use Pentax gear, I still stop by the Pentax forum to see what everyone is doing.

Looking forward to hearing of your adventures with Arthur!

Jehan
Thanks very much, it's great to hear from you, too. I'm planning on posting photos as I go along, as much as I can with whatever limited internet service I might find along the way. I'm taking a 2 TB hard drive (actually 2, one for back-up) and I'm wondering if I will have to get another drive somewhere along the way. We'll see.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2016, 8:19 PM   #12

New Brunswick is a long drive but you would be more than welcome.
FA 35mm f2, FA 50 f1.4, FA 28-70mm f4, FA 28-80mm f3.5-5.6, F 50mm f1.7, Tamron SP 70-200mm f2.8 Di, DA 10-17 f3.5-4.5, DA 14 f2.8, DA 16-45mm f4, DA 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 WR, DA 50-200mm f4-5.6 WR, AF-540FGZ

Olympus E-P2, E-P5, OM-D E-M1: 9mm to 150mm lenses

Old Jun 2, 2016, 8:49 PM   #13

If I do the east coast trip the way I'm thinking, New Brunswick is on the list.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 1:51 AM   #14

Congratulations on your freedom.

This is my escape package, fits perfectly in my tiny Suzuki Swift Sports -

Lean-To by Rodney, on Flickr

My Flickr Photos

Pentax K-5 K20D K100D
Pentax DA 55-300mm 4-5.8 ED / Pentax M 200mm F4 / Pentax Tak K 135mm 2.5 / Pentax M 100mm F4 Macro / Tamron SP AF90mm 2.8 Di Macro / Pentax M 1.7 50mm / Pentax M 2.8 28mm

Last edited by Rodney9; Jun 5, 2016 at 1:57 AM.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2016, 5:28 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney9 View Post
Congratulations on your freedom.

This is my escape package, fits perfectly in my tiny Suzuki Swift Sports -

Lean-To by Rodney, on Flickr
Lol! Been there, done that, too. I'm getting too old to rough it any more, prefer a more comfortable bed.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 8:22 PM   #16

Sorry my idea of "roughing it" is a motel room without cable. Sleeping in tents in the US Army will do that to you. Glad you enjoy it!
DMJJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2016, 8:42 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMJJR View Post
Sorry my idea of "roughing it" is a motel room without cable. Sleeping in tents in the US Army will do that to you. Glad you enjoy it!

I don't want to steal this thread from Harriet re- her travel plans ... but this is the sort of nightly views she and I get while out in the 'wilds'

Terrible lifestyle, but [as we like to mention again & again] someone's gotta do it

Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote