Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/pentax-samsung-dslr-k-mount-mirrorless-73/)
-   -   My digital collection (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/pentax-samsung-dslr-k-mount-mirrorless/224357-my-digital-collection.html)

Monza76 Jul 28, 2016 2:32 PM

My digital collection

1 Attachment(s)
Missing are the *istDS with 28-80mm FA lens and all of my MF lenses (mostly Ricoh XR lenses from the 1980s)

bilybianca Jul 28, 2016 5:03 PM

I can see (no surprise though) that there are some similar items in our collections. I also have the K5, the FA 35 (which I bought shortly after you bought yours), the FA 50, the DA 14, the DA 16-45 and the *ist DS. The FA 28-70 f4 will be on it's way in the mail, when the seller returns from his holidays in Finland in a few days.

Did you use the *istDS and the FA 28-80 to take the shot?

Kjell

Monza76 Jul 28, 2016 8:56 PM

I must admit that I took the shot with my phone for convenience. The *istDS and 28-80 are permanent residents of our trailer at the park with a beach. A summer retreat. Didn't you have some FA* lenses Kjell?

bilybianca Jul 29, 2016 2:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monza76 (Post 1407553)
Didn't you have some FA* lenses Kjell?

No FA*, but some A* (85mm, 200mm, 600mm) and the lovely F* 300mm.

Sounds like the *istDS has a very nice home. Is the park with the beach along the river in Riverview, or is it further away along the coast? (I checked Riverview with Google Earth :cool_shades:)

Kjell

hnikesch Jul 30, 2016 6:30 PM

Nice collection Ira

Monza76 Aug 2, 2016 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilybianca (Post 1407561)
No FA*, but some A* (85mm, 200mm, 600mm) and the lovely F* 300mm.

Sounds like the *istDS has a very nice home. Is the park with the beach along the river in Riverview, or is it further away along the coast? (I checked Riverview with Google Earth :cool_shades:)

Kjell

The beach is Gagnon Beach near Cap Pelee on the Northumberland Straight near Shediac. Now that I have a K7, K5 and K3 I have offered the DS for sale along with the FA 28-80. I doubt it will sell but hopefully there is some kid out there who wants a "real" camera to learn with. I am only asking $100Cdn (about $78US) for a complete kit with a bag, batteries, charger and 16GB memory card so I shall wait. The K7 may be moving to the beach.

bilybianca Aug 3, 2016 4:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monza76 (Post 1407637)
The beach is Gagnon Beach near Cap Pelee on the Northumberland Straight near Shediac. Now that I have a K7, K5 and K3 I have offered the DS for sale along with the FA 28-80. I doubt it will sell but hopefully there is some kid out there who wants a "real" camera to learn with. I am only asking $100Cdn (about $78US) for a complete kit with a bag, batteries, charger and 16GB memory card so I shall wait. The K7 may be moving to the beach.

Found it! Google Earth is pretty amazing, making U2 aeroplanes a bit redundant. I can even count the people on the beach, were you there September 6 last year? :camera:

My *istDS has a cracked rear screen (still working, though), so it's probably unsellable. But even if it wasn't, I don't think I'd ever sell it. Emotions for my first digital camera, yes, but besides that I still find it can be used with good results at ISO up to 800 and good light. And what did we have before digital? Kodak Tri-X and T-MAX, and Ektachrome 400!

Kjell

Monza76 Aug 3, 2016 10:05 PM

I doubt the DS will sell, I have already given it shelf space in my collection and it will be used again, just hoped some kid might br excited to have a real a camera.

If Sept 6 was a weekend then I was there.

mtngal Aug 4, 2016 10:40 PM

Nice to see those 3 cameras have such a good home. The only camera I really regretted selling was the DS - and I still have the K100, though it doesn't get used much (and I left it at home for this trip). I'll occasionally pull it out and use it with a Hoya R72 filter.

Kjell - Do you ever use the A600? I've often envied you for having such a long lens, until I get a look at just how BIG such lenses have to be.

Monza76 Aug 5, 2016 3:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtngal (Post 1407685)
Nice to see those 3 cameras have such a good home. The only camera I really regretted selling was the DS - and I still have the K100, though it doesn't get used much (and I left it at home for this trip). I'll occasionally pull it out and use it with a Hoya R72 filter.

Kjell - Do you ever use the A600? I've often envied you for having such a long lens, until I get a look at just how BIG such lenses have to be.

Want a DS, it is a little battered but works perfectly.