Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:08 PM   #1

Default Haven't posted for a while

Hi All,
I'm absolutely amazed at how much brighter and colourful the world is following cataract surgery on both eyes, now if there was similar rejuvenation treatment for a pair of old tired aching legs to improve mobility, I could be tempted to dust off the K100D ... weather is against me at his time of year, perhaps there'll be more incentive next spring God willing.

Best wishes to all for the approaching festive season. ... J.
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 14, 2016, 2:35 PM   #2

That is something I am facing as well, with my right eye naturally the worse of the two, and the one I use for viewfinders, sights, and such. I'm hoping to schedule it after the Holidays so I'll be fully recovered by Spring. My doctor suggests having them done one at a time, with recovery from the first in between.
Best wishes to you as well, and here's to happy shooting .

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2016, 3:39 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTphotog View Post
That is something I am facing as well, with my right eye naturally the worse of the two, and the one I use for viewfinders, sights, and such. I'm hoping to schedule it after the Holidays so I'll be fully recovered by Spring. My doctor suggests having them done one at a time, with recovery from the first in between.
Best wishes to you as well, and here's to happy shooting .

brian
GM Brian,
Thanks for the good wishes ...
My right to was the worst one too, and the difference in sight 24 hrs after surgery was dramatic, the left was done 8 weeks later (usually around 6 weeks I'm told), I'm pleased to say it's a painless experience, but somewhat strange, I can only describe it as lying on your back at the bottom of a rippling pool, with coloured lights above. I'm told I should only need glasses for reading, that's true with my right eye, but I have doubts with the left one, I'm advised to wait for an eye test until later this month or more likely in 2017.
Hope all goes well for you, I'm sure you'll be amazed at the difference. ... Jack.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 6:38 AM   #4

Welcome back Jack.

Glad to hear your "new" eyes are doing well. I pray I never have to do anything like that.

Hopefully you can get out and snap some photos with the K100D at some point.

Cheers!
billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2016, 3:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy View Post
Welcome back Jack.

Glad to hear your "new" eyes are doing well. I pray I never have to do anything like that.

Hopefully you can get out and snap some photos with the K100D at some point.

Cheers!
Thanks billy, don't want to wish my life away but i am looking forward to spring. .. J.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 2:59 PM   #6

I had one eye (left) done last year and it was no big deal at all. I had mine done with the IV twilight sedation so I don't remember it. They won't do my right eye because it's still correctable to 20/20, and I had to get used to seeing things in different colors.

I did develop a secondary cataract which they correct with a laser, no surgery. Simple. Just wish the right one would get worse so they would do it, too. I'll continue to wear glasses full time as I have other issues.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2016, 2:57 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
I had one eye (left) done last year and it was no big deal at all. I had mine done with the IV twilight sedation so I don't remember it. They won't do my right eye because it's still correctable to 20/20, and I had to get used to seeing things in different colors.

I did develop a secondary cataract which they correct with a laser, no surgery. Simple. Just wish the right one would get worse so they would do it, too. I'll continue to wear glasses full time as I have other issues.
Hello Harriet,
Your right the op is no problem even with just a local anesthetic, a friend developed secondary cataracts on both eyes, he was told that basically this is due to the body rejecting the implant lenses, the secondaries were blasted away through a small aperture with a laser, he called the process ablation if I remember rightly. ... J.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 11:49 AM   #8

Hi guys, I also had cataracts on both eyes done, worked out great and only need glasses for reading. Sorry I have been MIA, I shoot several brand of cameras Pentax, Panasonic and Canon each for a different purpose. The K30 for wildlife and sports, The Panasonic for scapes and the Canon for walk around. Not much wildlife in winter till I get to Florida in Jan. Hope to post more then

Hans

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote