Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 8, 2018, 3:43 PM   #11

Hello Everyone!

I've been pulling out and dusting off my Pentax gear over the past year or so in anticipation of getting back into personal shooting and also getting a Pentax ist DS ready for my daughter to use at a photography class she's signed up for.

I've still got the Pentax K100d that my dad gave me to take pictures of my family, along with his old manual focus lenses.

And, I guess, that is a big reason I still shoot Pentax.

Growing up, my dad would walk around with his Pentax SV, or eventually the ME Super and then the Super Program.

I figured, when I was a dad, I would have a silver toned camera around my neck, with my dad's lenses and the name "Pentax" on the camera.

Past few years, I have not taken many pictures with my Pentax dSLR cameras. A lot of that has been that I have been volunteering a lot lately and really stopped experimenting and playing around with photography. And so had not pulled out my Pentax dSLR gear that much.

Although . . . for vacation and family get togethers I would often drag out my Pentax Q.

But . . . finally stepping down from a few projects, and wanting to spend more time with my family, and a little bit of time for playing with photography, I've got my Pentax camera and lenses ready and waiting for this summer.

Take care & Happy Shooting!

NOTE: I'm trying to capture the picture in my head! Not the one my camera sees!

Personal Flickr Favs: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tacticd...7631300869284/
tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:32 AM   #12

Sounds like some solid reasons to me. The K100d and DS are great cameras, I just ordered a split screen focus screen for my DS to make manual focus easier. I donít need the old camera but I just like the look of the images I get with it.

Olympus E-P2, E-P5, OM-D E-M1: 9mm to 150mm lenses

Old Jan 12, 2018, 12:39 AM   #13

With my KS1 out of commission (but repairable), I took my K100 as a second camera this summer. I used it a bit but not as much as I had thought I would. I liked the results but couldn’t always remember all of the controls for some reason.

I’m another that has been taking a break from photography recently. But in many ways I miss it, just haven’t been as enthused about working at it. I may go back into doing more with processing, I bought myself a new HDR software package as well as new DxO software. Need to get used to both of them. Now that I have more time on my hands, I thought I would work at it again. But it seems too easy to sit down and figure I’ll watch some new tutorials tomorrow, not today...
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2018, 11:31 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
With my KS1 out of commission (but repairable), I took my K100 as a second camera this summer. I used it a bit but not as much as I had thought I would. I liked the results but couldn’t always remember all of the controls for some reason.

I’m another that has been taking a break from photography recently. But in many ways I miss it, just haven’t been as enthused about working at it. I may go back into doing more with processing, I bought myself a new HDR software package as well as new DxO software. Need to get used to both of them. Now that I have more time on my hands, I thought I would work at it again. But it seems too easy to sit down and figure I’ll watch some new tutorials tomorrow, not today...
I am using PSE 15 but getting into Affinity Photo. I bought the pc and iPad versions and although the learning curve is steep there are multiple tutorial videos. I am using the iPad more and more as my editing platform with Affinity and Snapseed, the pc is used for video and images to print.

Although the image quality is much better from my other cameras, I just love the “look” from the old DS. Taste is subjective.

Olympus E-P2, E-P5, OM-D E-M1: 9mm to 150mm lenses