Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 14, 2018, 7:04 PM   #1

Default It's been a while...

Admittedly I haven't been posting in the forums in a long time. My interest in photograph has waned a tiny bit in the last couple years. But we picked up a Canon EOS Rebel T6 with kit lens for pretty cheap off woot.com for the wife and kids to share and learn a little and it's kinda sparked my interest again. This was from a little walk through a local park in the city near here.
The first is Glen's Falls on Williamsville, NY. 2nd is one of the ducks from a family that was resting under a tree in the park and the 3rd is from the Canon that my youngest snapped of a beautiful damselfly. I'm still using my trusty K20D, the falls shot with the 18-135.
Attached Images

Last edited by MadMikeSS; Aug 14, 2018 at 7:06 PM.
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 15, 2018, 9:54 AM   #2

The waterfall is really lovely! I think your youngest did an excellent job with the damsel fly, too.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:16 PM   #3

G'day Mike

I can well understand & identify with your 'ups & downs' re- photography as it happens with me as well. I have to be in the right emotional space for any 'decent' photography to take place.

As to these pics - i'd love a waterfall like this one anywhere near my place - but none of our Aussie rivers [near my place] have anything like this flow of water. [ps- I live in the state of New South Wales which is bigger than your Texas, and it is 100% drought declared by gov't edict - so the lack of water is a serious issue]

The Duck & Damsel Fly are okay as well - a tiny bit of unsharpness but with experience I am sure that the budding photographer will exceed even us here today

Hope this helps
Phil from the great land Downunder
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:11 AM   #4

I thought I had replied to this thread, but apparently not. Really like the series! I wish I had bought that lens before the trip, there were several times yesterday I wanted something wider than 28 on the KP and didnít have it. Your 18-135 would have been really nice to have along.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:09 AM   #5

Great shot of the waterfall. I just picked up an 18-135mm from a friend of mine, so far I really like it. This is the first focus-motor-in-the-lens I have owned for Pentax, so quiet! It may end up almost permanently attached to my K3.

Olympus E-P5, OM-D E-M1(X2): 9mm to 150mm lenses

Old Sep 2, 2018, 5:21 PM   #6

Thanks everyone, with my son at least showing at least some interest in learning about photography it's kinda rejuvenated my interest these days. I'm actually kinda impressed with the quality of the shots from the Canon paired with the 55-250 lens we bought for it. This is a shot that was taken with it yesterday at Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge near Syracuse NY, and this is cropped down a bit to zoom in.
Attached Images

Old Sep 2, 2018, 5:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monza76 View Post
Great shot of the waterfall. I just picked up an 18-135mm from a friend of mine, so far I really like it. This is the first focus-motor-in-the-lens I have owned for Pentax, so quiet! It may end up almost permanently attached to my K3.
I'm actually quite happy with the 18-135, I got it to replace my Sigma 24-135 where the zoom mechanism broke and it just wasn't worth fixing. I find this combination of wide angle and zoom length is a good walk around lens. And it's a lot lighter and smaller than the Sigma was. I like the AF mechanism too, very quick and quiet. I wish my 55-300mm lens had it too.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 12:07 AM   #8

I kind-of wished I had had an 18-135 this summer on my trip. I found trying to manage the K1 and 28-105 on the one hand and the KP with the DA300/1.4TC hard on me, and so I would occasionally go about with the 28-105 on the KP. There were a number of times I really wanted something wider than 28 on a crop sensor camera.

I was really happy with how the KP performed so I'm starting to think about a smaller wide angle or an all-in-one type of lens like the 18-135.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 11:02 AM   #9

Nice shots Mike, I also like my 18-135 and it and the 55-300 are my most used lenses

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DA PLM 55-300, DA 18-135, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote