Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 21, 2005, 8:34 AM   #11

Quang,

I doubt that the firmware update had any effect,but if you want you can re-install a lower version level. I have read that several people have done this and have working cameras (as before). Email me if you need a copy of v1.11.

It sounds like you have something wrong with your hotshoe/flash control. Make sure you are using TV of 1/125 or higher. You can also try another flash...

Perry.
snagglepuss31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2005, 12:53 AM   #12

Hi Perry,

A copy of v1.11 would be fantastic, thanks! I will email you.

I haven't been setting the shutter to 1/125 or higher, but have just had to camera on hyper program and letting the camera decide on the shutter speed. What the significance here - high speed flash sync? I will see if this will make any difference when I get home tonight.

Cheers,

Quang
doanqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2005, 9:09 AM   #13

High sync speeds are only availablewith PTTL flash (including the RTF).

I would run with either full manual or TV mode with TTL flash. This would eliminate some potential problems.

Check your mail forthe firmware, but I would check the TV settings first to see if you get consistent behavior.

Perry.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 6:10 PM   #14
KSV

Quang,

I have beenexperimenting withmy flashand difference lenses and find out that sometimes it really behave erratically, particular with old manual primes. It shows tendency to massive underexposure. I have tried to put it in full manual mode with high discharge and find that for my condition it is enough light to stop down lens up to 22 :shock:. But in TTL mode and with F=4 picture is way too dark. Weird...
KSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 10:44 PM   #15

Quang,

I am pretty sure that the *istD will only fire an external flash at full power with lenses that do not have the "A" position. This isdue to the fact that it cannot sense the aperture position (i.e., no electrical contacts). This is what the manual (page 93) is telling you. With these lenses w/o the A position you should use "Auto" flash (non TTL) with the camera in Manual mode (TV=1/125 or 1/60 and AV set to the Auto flash value).

Perry.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 11:02 PM   #16
KSV

snagglepuss31 wrote:
Quote:
I am pretty sure that the *istD will only fire an external flash at full power with lenses that do not have the "A" position.
Incorrect, as least with *istDS. It fire flush with much less then full power.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 11:07 PM   #17

KSV wrote:
Quote:
snagglepuss31 wrote:
Quote:
I am pretty sure that the *istD will only fire an external flash at full power with lenses that do not have the "A" position.
Incorrect, as least with *istDS. It fire flush with much less then full power.

Either way it is not using TTL.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 12:16 AM   #18
KSV

Quote:
Either way it is not using TTL.
:-)I do not know what the hell it using, but you right it is not TTL, otherwise it will work OK :-)