Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 27, 2005, 12:12 PM   #1

Anyone have any experience with this dealer?? They have the ist DS for $589, which appears to be like $100 less than anywhere else...

Thanks...
Blizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 27, 2005, 12:49 PM   #2

ok, how about A&M Photoworld. Anyone ever deal with them??? They have the ist DS body only for $539!! I bet i don't find anyone to beat this price!!
Old Mar 27, 2005, 1:15 PM   #3

If you actually want the camera, DON'T buy from either of those places.

If you go to http://resellerratings.com/ you can check out their reputation--and it's really, really, bad.
thebac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2005, 1:59 PM   #4

True, the ratings here look bad, but when i look at shopcartusa.com, they rate A&M 4 out of 5 stars... hmmm... which site should i beleive. The price is unbeleivable. Now do i buy the camera at $160 less and roll the dice or bite the bullet, shell out an extra $165 and buy from Buydig.... why does this always become such a task...
Old Mar 27, 2005, 2:32 PM   #5

Your choice Blizz - but you have been warned!!

Hope whatever decision you make, it works out OK
Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2005, 3:49 PM   #6

Well, you've been warned. What sticks out is that many of the known scammers (like digital liquidators, a&m photoworld, royal camera, broadway photo, usa photo nation) have high ratings on shopcartusa.com (and a high number of ratings). Now you look at known reputable stores like b&h photo and 17th street photo, and it seems like hardly anyone buys from those places. If you ask me, it looks as if many of the ratings on shopcartusa.com are phony (not that the site is phony, just that scammers have rigged the ratings).

Again, I wouldn't buy from a&m photoworld (or any of the other scammers as indicated by the ratings on resellerratings.com). But it's your call, your money, your time.
thebac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2005, 9:06 AM   #7

I must admit, I am starting to lean to the more reputable Inet dealers...Guess I'll do a bit more hunting and see who has the best legitimate price out there. WishI never saw those $500 deals though, just keeps bubbling in the back of my mind...
Old May 13, 2005, 2:37 PM   #8

If anyone's interested, I got an email from Sams Club Warehouse a couple of weeks back and they now carry the istDs online for $818 with the 18-55 lens. That may be where I get mine id the birthday fairy is good to me.:-)
rar2667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2005, 8:35 PM   #9

Butterfly Photo has the DS for $749 with the kit lens and they are a honest dealer as I purchased my DS from them.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2005, 12:46 AM   #10

Don't know about royalcamera personally....... but I can highly recommend buydig.com. After researching online retailers extensively, i bought my ist DS there. Current price is $772 with the kit lens, shipped. Super fast service, with absolutely no problems. I would shop there again.

Alan
brownalan is offline   Reply With Quote