Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 30, 2005, 11:33 PM   #1

Please help. I have set the menu item to autocorrect up to ISO 3200, yet no correction takes place at slow shutter speeds. The lens is not a Pentax-made lens. It is a new Tamron 28-75mm f2.8. All settings of his lens appear in the EXIF file so I believe that the camera is receiving all information. Thank you
Ira Abramowitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 31, 2005, 11:13 AM   #2

Interestingly enough, I seem to experience the same problem.

I've set 'Sensitivity Correction' to 1600 & 'ISO Warning Sensitivity' to 800 BUT there appears to be no change in ISO at slow shutter speeds.

If I manually change the ISO using Fn then the increased speed is achieved.

It appears to me that the ISo setting as set by Fn overides the Sensitivity Correction.

Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2005, 8:58 PM   #3

However auto correction does not occur even if ISO is set to the default, ISO 200, setting.
Ira Abramowitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2005, 9:50 PM   #4
KSV

I test it and it working OK. BUT! It does not show ISO warning in viewfinder :-) Have a look at your EXIF data :-)
KSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2005, 4:34 AM   #5

I contacted Pentax technical assistance in the UK who informed me that the ‘Auto ISO' feature works with ‘Sports Mode' & is not intended for other modes.

Having tried this with a number of sample shots, I can confirm that this is so – however, the ISO warning features appears NOT to be linked to Auto ISO it only appears when the ISO rating is manually changed using the Fn button.

It would have been a nice feature for Pentax to have linked this to Auto ISO thus providing a visual warning when the ISO is changed.

I've also reduced the exposure in Tv Mode which will also increase the ISO speed but only when exposures go outside the valid range.
Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote