Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 23, 2005, 3:15 AM   #1

Hi,

I've picked up my brand new *ist Ds just yesterday and have been playing with it for a while now. I found the pictures made using the internal flash way to dark. I have to compensate in every possible way to make a decent flash picture. When using myFA 330 FTZ the pictures turn out just fine without any adjustments.

I've read Steve's review. Doesn't look like he had to adjust any settings to getgood results with the built in flash.

It seems like the flash sync doesn't work with the internal flash. Am I overlooking a setting or might the camera have a defect???

Kind regards,

Frank

Frank van Keulen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 23, 2005, 5:07 AM   #2

I haven't used flash too much but would say that I've had mixed results including over exposure where I had to reduce the flash in small light rooms.

In the sample you've posted, it looks like there's very little at all - did it fire.

I've shoot a few portraits against the light with similar results - perhaps this confuses the flash.

Whilst there's nothing better than getting the exposure right, all is not lost if you go into Photoshop you can redress this by adjusting the histogram curve.
Attached Images

Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2005, 8:12 AM   #3

I have used the built in flash a great deal both as fill flash and stand alone in indoor settings. Have not had a problem. Like it better than flash on my Canon G3 camera.
whbroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2005, 7:06 AM   #4

I`ve had similar problems with flash pictures from the internal flash being either under or over exposed, without apparant reason-had to use flash compensation quite a bit. I didn`t ever have to do that with Minolta A-1.
roxalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2005, 1:37 PM   #5

roxalo wrote:
Quote:
I`ve had similar problems with flash pictures from the internal flash being either under or over exposed, without apparant reason-had to use flash compensation quite a bit. I didn`t ever have to do that with Minolta A-1.
OK, so you've had the problem, you write. Did you find a solution for it than?

Kind regards,

Frank
Frank van Keulen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2005, 9:51 PM   #6

Sorry, I`ve been away for a few days...In answer to Frank`s question-I don`t have an answer-it was more of a comment/question-maybe someone else can comment about consistency of exposure using the internal flash-any special tricks?
roxalo is offline   Reply With Quote