Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 10, 2005, 3:48 PM   #1

I've read other threads about using Series A & M lens but still can't get the *istDS to recognise the M Series 100mm Macro lens.

I've set the mode dial to 'M' but nothing happens when I press the AE Lock button; the LCD displays F***.

Could some one advise where I'm going wrong; firmware is still at Version 1 but upgrades are not required for this to function.
Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 10, 2005, 7:42 PM   #2

Try the 2 custom settings -
FI with S lens used
Enable apeture ring

I think thats what they are.. something like that. I dont have my camera on my so I cant confirm that.

Then just use Av mode and switch the MF button
errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2005, 12:10 PM   #3

Thanks for the advice.

Setting the Aperture Ring to 'Enabled' did the trick.

Incidentally, I forgot to set the Focus to 'Manual' which prevented the shutter from working unless the Focus was locked.

Setting the Focus to 'Manual' meant that the shutter could be released without Focus Lock.
Old May 16, 2005, 8:46 PM   #4

Catbells wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the advice.

Setting the Aperture Ring to 'Enabled' did the trick.

Incidentally, I forgot to set the Focus to 'Manual' which prevented the shutter from working unless the Focus was locked.

Setting the Focus to 'Manual' meant that the shutter could be released without Focus Lock.
Quote:
catbells,
Quote:
missed this thread.
Quote:
i use this lens extensively. bought it in '78 and it's still a great lens. i always use man. focus and aperture priority. also my 440 flash works great w/it. i extend it all the way and use a difusser i made from the bottom half of a supplement container. yeah another freebie.. took this a couple days ago. it's about 1'' across and a full frame resize.
Quote:
Quote:
i was really just taking the leaf setup and the ant crawled in as i was taking it. dessert????
Quote:
roy
Old May 17, 2005, 2:08 AM   #5

Looks good to me.

I've had my 100mm Macro lens for about the same time but when I went to trade it, the dealer noticed 'blooming' on the inside of the lens which I hadn't spotted; his comments were that it shouldn't affect quality too much - you've guessed it, but price.

I decided to keep it & will check out it's performance vs cost of getting it repaired/cleaned.

It was my pride & joy on Pentax K2.