Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 10, 2005, 5:57 PM   #1

must say this is an excellent lens for the $$. got this one off of ebay for $109 delivered.. like new condition. here's 3 shots in macro and regular. these are full frame resizes.

roy
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 11, 2005, 2:37 PM   #2

Wow! Someone posted pictures here and no replies as per usual. I guess I must be more impressed with how huge a collection of lenses are instead.

BTW! I like all three and it shows that this lens in particular is worthy of some consideration for purchase.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2005, 5:20 PM   #3

Nice ones robar! Btw, can you possible post a pic of your camera with this lens mounted? I would just like to see if it's even possible for me carry one. Thanks.

Nols
Nols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2005, 7:10 PM   #4

Nols wrote:
Quote:
Nice ones robar! Btw, can you possible post a pic of your camera with this lens mounted? I would just like to see if it's even possible for me carry one. Thanks.

Nols
nols, i can definately do that..

glad the boss would not let me sell the s7000z fuji. it'll probably be tomorrow tho. these were taken w/the older gold ring, f4. the newer red ring is still quite inexpensive and a little faster at f3.5 w/a 62mm filter instead of a 58.

anyway they are both rather compact.

roy
Old Jun 12, 2005, 6:55 AM   #5

Nols wrote:
Quote:

Nols
here's the pic of the 70-300APO
the first is at 70mm
2nd is at 300mm
3rd is at 300mm macro
4th is just another shot
this comes w/anice hood also but i did not have it mounted. the lens weighs about a pound. you can view it's specs here. they sell it about as cheap as you'll find it at 174us. there's a cheaper model,diff. glass, that can be had for 129us. spend the extra 50 for the APO model.
http://www.sigmaphoto.com/
Attached Images

Old Jun 12, 2005, 8:14 AM   #6

Very long URL there killing the boards width

Anyway - do you find sometimes it doesnt autofocus properly, especially at full focal length?

I get this with my sigma 55-200mm, usually only at 200mm the AF turns it to focus, but it goes from one extreme to the other and back again and stops as if it couldnt focus. Now this is in proper daylight so theres no issue with light. Do you get this?

I might just sell it and get this 70-300 APO.
errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2005, 8:31 AM   #7

Would this be better than the Sigma?

Pentax 100-300mm f4.7-5.8 $429.00 (AUS)
which is about $330~ in your currencies

http://www.cameraaction.com.au/produ...00060&dept=31#
errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2005, 3:48 PM   #8

no idea. i haven't use the P100-300 and at times it does hunt for focus but it's usually in bad lighting conditions. hey, for a hundred bucks, i'm as happy as an ant in a sugar factory.
Attached Images

Old Jun 12, 2005, 3:51 PM   #9

errno_gmm wrote:
Quote:

Anyway - do you find sometimes it doesnt autofocus properly, especially at full focal length?

I get this with my sigma 55-200mm, usually only at 200mm the AF turns it to focus, but it goes from one extreme to the other and back again and stops as if it couldnt focus. Now this is in proper daylight so theres no issue with light. Do you get this?

replaced the link w/something smaller.
Old Jun 12, 2005, 3:51 PM   #10

errno_gmm wrote:
Quote:

replaced the link w/something smaller.