Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 14, 2005, 5:53 PM   #1

Sorry for asking this. I tried going through the manual and looking through the in-camera menu but I can't seem to find a wayto turn off this feature. It's just that it can be quite glaring when shooting in the dark. Thanks for any help.

Nols:?
Nols is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 14, 2005, 6:02 PM   #2

Yes you can.

Go to menu mode. You will bring up Rec Mode. Scroll up five spaces until you get to Instant Review. Select to turn it .... Off.

No need to apologize for ever asking a question on here that pertains to this wonderful camera.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2005, 6:35 PM   #3

Ugh! I was looking at the options in the playback mode! Thanks a heap for your help!

Nols:G
Nols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2005, 8:32 PM   #4

vIZnquest
is correct! never feel bad about asking questions or dumb or newbie or what ever. about the only dumb question is the one you don't ask.. hmmm

Old Jun 14, 2005, 8:37 PM   #5

i have this enabled but for a short time. i like it because it gives me a quick view. haven't found it interferes w/multiple shots.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 9:17 AM   #6

This is the first camera with which I have used the preview feature, and here's why:

My old digicam had a live histogram displayed in the viewfinder and I used this to nail the exposure every time, exposing slightly to the right. A live histgram is imposible in a dslr because the mirror is in the way, so I have the preview display for 3 sec. in the histagram mode to give me an instant check on exposure.

Check out the histogram articles on the Luminous Landscape site, and you might want to leave that feature enabled.

Lou
derbunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2005, 9:48 AM   #7

Good to mention this but I don't think a histogram is needed for shooting in the dark as this was what the question pertained to. I take it this is to keep from being seen or just plain annoying when in the dark and the eyes have a hard time with the LCD screen going on.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote