Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 24, 2005, 8:48 AM   #1

After reading everything I could find for the past two weeks, I went out last night to buy a DSLR. I had three cameras on my short list: 1. Nikon D70 or D70s; Canon 350 Rebel and; the Pentax *ist DS. I had to drive to three different stores to be able to "handle" all three of the cameras. The Nikon D70 was just too big and uncomfortable. The Canon DID feel like a toy! The Pentax fit my hand well and should do everything I need it for. I still have a Panasonic FZ10, so the fact that the Pentax uses SD cards was a big plus, too. I also have 24 AA rechargeables that I use for my Olympus D510 and C720UZ, so I figure I saved a few hundred bucks just in cards and batteries.

I spent the evening reading the manual, and I can hardly wait to get out and take some pictures later today.
Rickst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 24, 2005, 8:59 AM   #2

Make sure those batteries are at least 2400mAh, or you might run into some trouble there.

Good choice anyway, post some pics when youve taken em
errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2005, 9:57 AM   #3

Great!

I made the same choice among the same three options. My description of the process, for what little it's worth, is in a thread lower on the board.

Needless to say, I agree with your conclusion.

Enjoy!
67Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2005, 6:27 PM   #4

Uh... regarding the batteries, why do say you'll run into trouble if you use less than 2400Mah? I have two sets of 2300Mah, you see. Haven't tried using them with the Ds since I've still to drain my first set of CRV batteries.

Nols

New Ds owner too:?
Nols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2005, 7:58 PM   #5

errno_gmm wrote:
Quote:
Make sure those batteries are at least 2400mAh, or you might run into some trouble there.

Good choice anyway, post some pics when youve taken em
EG,

i have 10, 2500s and 24, 2000s. never had a problem except the annoying thing of the ist saying the bats depleted. turn it off and back on and all is well. it does it on the 2500s as well as the 2000s.. picked up a set of 10, lenmar 2000s at fry's the other day for $6.50. if i had problems w/ them, i doubt i would have gotten them