Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 25, 2005, 2:24 AM   #1

I've been trying to catch these critters holding still ever since I puchased my first digicam (Minolta Z3). This morning (5:30am), I was finally able to capture a stationary one. Shooting conditions and camera setup could've been better but I was happy just to get a shot.

This one was taken with the FA 28-105mmicture set at natural, Jpeg fine, ISO800,aperture-f/4.5,shutter-1/45, focal length-157mm, and I had to use built-in auto flash(it was still a bit dark).

Attached Images

Nols is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 25, 2005, 8:20 AM   #2

good shot. are you handholding?? even if you are using a tripod, you should up your time to the max of 1/180sec. i mean, if you are using the flash anyway why not max out your time instead of shooting at 1/45. damn impossible to handhold a macro at that speed. just my 2 cents.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 9:01 AM   #3

ISO800 and with the flash and still needing 1/45 with a nice wide apeture it mustve still been very dark or you were quite far away and that is cropped?.

Perhaps he wanted the 1/45 to expose the background also. Looks better than just black which is what you wouldve got with a fast shutter of 1/180
errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2005, 5:52 PM   #4

Hey thanks for the comment guys. Yes, this shot was taken handheld. It was still a bit dark when I shot this so like I said, setup could have been better. I'm still not so familiar with built-in flash performance so I tried to take it at the slowest speed I can. Plus, I was a bit of a hurry and worried that the butterfly wouldn't hold still.

Nols
Nols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 11:28 AM   #5

Nice shot - thanks for sharing.

nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote