Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 25, 2005, 10:40 AM   #1

-Where's the light meter on this thing? Right now app/shtr blinks if it thinks the exposure will be under/over exposed.
-All the accessories- Bulb release, remote, battery grip, veiwfinder zooms- the manual mentions- aren't on the website or are explained poorly.

Could anyone give me a heads-up on these? The remote- could this be used in place of the bulb release? The manual said so, but you'd have to hold the button!!!

Panzergnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 25, 2005, 11:13 AM   #2

With the camera in the manual exposure mode, the exposure is displayed in the viewfinder as a numerical value from -3 to +3 (stops) in .5 stop increments. A reading of 0.0 would indicate proper exposure.

Go here and click on SLR Accessories:

https://pc-wweb.pentax.com/scripts/w...rea=0000000001

The cable release for the Canon works just fine on the Ds, and the Chinese knockoffs on ebayare about $16 delivered. It performs AF and AE, and the button locks down for bulb exposures.

No battery grip for the Ds, just the D.

Hope this helps, Lou

derbunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2005, 11:48 AM   #3

Lou,

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Looks like the Magnifier FBWould make me happy, and the decode for the numbers.

Pentax hasa bizarre website. Say they'd make another 100G's if they hired someone to fix it.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 9:29 PM   #4

derbunk wrote:
Quote:

No battery grip for the Ds, just the D.

Id like to point you here: http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=80

Although I have no idea where to get it, and the link in that thread is all japanese or somethin

errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2005, 8:39 AM   #5

It's Korean, and was translated by one of the members on the dpreview forum, This is not a battery grip, merely a portrait grip, with a shutter button and a cable release that stows in the grip. Still a prototype, I believe. Price looks to be $126US. Opinions on its usefulness seem to run about 50/50. The major complaint seems to be the bulk that it adds to a very sleek camera. I'll wait 'til I can snipe one on ebay :ak47:.

Lou
derbunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2005, 11:47 AM   #6

Rcv'dthe Magnifier FB.

It really darkens the veiw.

More critique to follow.
Old Aug 7, 2005, 12:37 PM   #7

Panzergnome,

I am considering the view finder maginfier as well. I sometimes shoot with a 50mm/f1.4 lens. At that aperture the DOF is paper thin and it is very difficult to verify that the camera got the focus correct. Please let us know what you think of the Magnifier FB. Does it get in the way? Does it interfere with full view of the scene through the view finder? How much does it actually help with critical focusing.

Thanks!
awjweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2005, 11:12 PM   #8

awjweb wrote:
Quote:
Panzergnome,

I am considering the view finder maginfier as well. I sometimes shoot with a 50mm/f1.4 lens. At that aperture the DOF is paper thin and it is very difficult to verify that the camera got the focus correct. Please let us know what you think of the Magnifier FB. Does it get in the way? Does it interfere with full view of the scene through the view finder? How much does it actually help with critical focusing.

Thanks!
I have the same lens. I hear you about the focus.

Well, The Magnifier FB stays on the camera all the time. It filps up and really isn't in the way.

I hardly ever use it. It's really dark and has a small FOV. It will help in certain situations, but by that time its out of adjustment, and then the lens gets foggy while I adjust the focus and the magnifier. So it gotten to be a hassle to use it to take a snap-shot.

I'd still saybuy it. Inexpensive.