Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 30, 2005, 9:31 PM   #1
igo

I attached an old 28mm macro on the DS and now it's stuck on the camera body. Does anybody know what the deal is?
igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 30, 2005, 11:13 PM   #2

I remember someone a while back had a problem with getting an old ricoh lens stuck on there - the problem being that the bayonet sticks too far down. But it shouldnt be a problem if its a pentax lens

Does it twist? try twisting it all the way to take it off and see if you can see the little pin near the button, and try pushing it down with something thin and hard, that might be able to get it off.

I once got one of my old lenses stuck too, needed a bit of force to get it off .. scary stuff.

If in doubt take it to your nearest camera service place hopefully they can sort you out
errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2005, 11:20 PM   #3
igo

It's a Sears 28mm KR mount Auto Focus Macro. It's supposed to fit on the camera but it's stuck good. It went on just fine. If I understand what you're talking about, it does twist maybe an 1/8 of an inch but it acts like it's stuck within the confines of the latch in the lock mechanism. This really saddens me as I am working 7 days a week and finally have some time off and almost dreaming about getting some quality hours in with the new camera. This really sux.
Old Jul 1, 2005, 12:41 AM   #4

Try this:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=80
Old Jul 1, 2005, 7:37 AM   #5
igo

You're my hero. I'm reading everything now. I'll have ya a report as soon as I have something to report.
Old Jul 1, 2005, 10:31 AM   #6

Glad I could help, hope you get your lens off :-)
Old Jul 1, 2005, 9:46 PM   #7
igo

I took the camera to work. I cut a point into a 5/1000 feeler guage so I could get behind the pin. Wouldn't budge.

I had pretty much decided that after a quote of $699 dollars to have it surgically removed that I would just take it home and hook up a dental vac and then cut the lens close to the base with a diamond lapidary saw then dremel the rest out. With that thought, I was willing to purchase another body for $699 if the saw ruined the camera.

The guy showed me the prices and told me he had heard that some people as a last ditch effort just ring twist the darned thing off and I told'm "go ahead" and guess what? it worked. It sheared the pin off but nothing seems the worse for wear. I gave the guy at Ritz a $20 under the table I was so happy.

I must say, I was a bit displeased that I hadn't read anything from Pentax that a lens wit "K mount" in it's title might get SERIOUSY hung up on the camera. I guess that wouldn't help sell cameras thought.

Buyers beware. This could have been a maximum loss disaster.
Old Jul 1, 2005, 9:49 PM   #8
igo

BTW, the old Sears lens is still serving me well. It is holding down a leaky flapper in the bottom of my toilet tank. LOL (just kidd'n)
Old Jul 1, 2005, 9:49 PM   #9

I cant believe they wanted to charge $700 to remove it. You can buy a new body almost at that price.

Make sure you didnt damage the AF pin too
Old Jul 1, 2005, 9:58 PM   #10
igo

AF seems to be just fine.