Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 12, 2005, 5:53 AM   #11
igo

Yes but that's the point. It takes extra steps and another program just to open the RAW files. I wish there was a settingless automatic jpeg mode.
igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2005, 6:14 AM   #12

But thats the idea of RAW - you dont let the camera do any of the processing of the image. It just dumps all the information from the CCD into a file, which you open into your favorite image editing software and do the adjustments yourself.

IMO the best jpeg quality on the camera, and pretty much default settings is fine. I rarely notice any difference using RAW.
errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2005, 10:49 AM   #13

is it version 3 of elements? if so there are updates to camera raw (part of Elements 3)

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...atform=Windows

these updates are made on a irregular basis as needed.

this is one of the basic issues with propriatary raw.

v3.1 of camera raw supports isD raw format. it is only usable for version 3 and above elements.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2005, 5:18 PM   #14

i've got a dynomite program program that i've only plated w/for a while but it seems to be as good or better than adobe. d/l it here, raw shooter essentials.

http://www.pixmantec.com/products/ra...ssentials.html

i've gotten to where i shoot just about everything in raw, that is the serious stuff. it'll make you think more of what you are doing. i DELETE anything that's not totally worth while keeping. i know it's improved my shots. it's just gotten to be automatic to shoot in raw. you've got so much control over your output image. please ck out the above link. the price is right...
Old Jul 12, 2005, 8:34 PM   #15
igo

I mostly just want to see what behavior differences happen while editing a raw file. Sometimes I'd like to heavily edit an image but a heavily edited jpeg image just turns to toast.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 8:36 PM   #16
igo

It's the brand new version 3.0. Either millions of people are wrong or very few have tried MS Digital Image Pro.