Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 23, 2005, 2:05 PM   #1

anyone know what i need to get off camera flash sync. i have a AF400FTZ flash that works fine oncamera but want to be able to use it off camera.
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 23, 2005, 6:24 PM   #2

i have found this but nowhere can i find that it works w/the DS

Pentax 4P Sync Cord B
Old Jul 24, 2005, 9:56 AM   #3

You need a hot shoe adapter that will convert the hot shoe into a PC socket. Then you'll be able to plug a long PC synccord into the camera. I think that you'll also need an off camera adapter for the flash, as that has no PC socket either, I believe. See page 158 of the manual.

The pentax brand are expensive, but any camera shop should be able to hook you up with third party parts for much less. Take your gear and they should let you test the setup before buying.

Good luck, Lou
derbunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2005, 11:13 AM   #4

the Pentax 4P Sync Cord B
has the hotshoe already attached , but i can't find anything that states it will work with my equipment. i think it will but don't want to get it if it does not work.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 4:37 PM   #5

i called pentax today and they informed me that to use off camera flash i would need the cable ''F5P'' and the '' Hotshoe adapter F'' for use on the istDs.