Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 12, 2005, 3:22 PM   #1

I have had my new DS for 10 days then it has a problem. When I turn the camera on the flash pops up and the self timer light starts flashing and it will not stop. No buttons will function. I have pulled the batteries and tried to turn off for a few minutes and reinstall batteries but when I turn back on flash pops up and self timer light starts. Thanks
BobbyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 12, 2005, 3:34 PM   #2

bobby, i can't remember if the menus offer an option like that but check.

call pentax, that why they have CS. i've called them a few times and never waited more than a minute.
Old Aug 12, 2005, 5:28 PM   #3

Robar , I cannot get any of the buttons to function at all. the battery shows full and the counter works thats it. Thanks
Old Aug 13, 2005, 7:58 AM   #4

take it back!!
get another..you know what they say--''s!^& happens''
Old Aug 13, 2005, 8:13 AM   #5

Robar, I let it sit overnight without batteries. Installed a fresh set and i thought It was going to work this morning. The camera came on and showed manual mode then the date screen came up and set the date. still no problem then turned the camera off because I had to get ready for work. before I walked out the door turned It on again and Its back to the flash poping up and the timer flashing. I will box it up and take it back some time this afternoon. Thanks, BobbyO