Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 19, 2005, 8:47 PM   #1

Hello all,

Picture quality is still what I enjoy from this camera. I found some dust get into the viewfinder inside the camera. I used a Giotti Rocket Blower and it worked fine. I then found a small black speck and a fiber of some sort when I got a new lens and I made sure that it was clean and all dust and specs blown out.

I am as careful as one can be but I found it to be worse after I use it again. The fiber is gone but there are specks of all kinds added to the one that is still there.

It does not affect the picture at all just annoying.

Any experience with this? How did you take care of it? Should I just send it in or just live with it?

Thanks for your response,

Tom

Red Panda

Only did a resize here. No PP at all.
Attached Images

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 19, 2005, 9:07 PM   #2

I've experienced some dust spots in the viewfinder too. Blew them off successfully. Today I noticed a couple more. It is a little annoying, but not debilitating. As long as the sensor stays clean, it's no big deal for me.
Nice picture. This camera is capable of some great shots, no? Quite the change from the old FZ. Love the viewfinder. Sold my FZ20 already. Going to check out the new FZ30, but if I'm tempted, it will be at the end of the production run. Looks like it's going to be pricey. Cheers from an ex-FZ user......thekman.

thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2005, 10:14 AM   #3

The focusing screen can easily be removed by the owner. Remove the lens and press up on the silver clip at the top of the screen frame and it will pop down and allow you to remove the screen with tweezers by the tab on the edge. Best to do this over a soft towel in case the screen drops free of the camera. Blow out the prism housing until you can't see any dust through the viewfinder, blow off both sides of the screen, then replace it. Simple, huh?

DO NOT TOUCH OR WIPE THE FLAT SURFACES OF THE SCREEN. It's soft plastic and scratches very easily. Dust happens, andafter the first time, you'll be able to do the job in under a minute.

Good luck, Lou
derbunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2005, 11:07 AM   #4

Thanks so much for the reply. I will give that a try since it sounds easy enough and I am willing to give it a go. Just glad it is just a nuisance that can be cleaned when needed.

Mahalo,

Tom
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2005, 1:03 PM   #5

Looking to sell my fz20 also, but the folks on the Panasonic forum are some of the nicest, IMHO.
Whisperin Squash is offline   Reply With Quote