Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 3, 2005, 5:09 PM   #11

joelw135 wrote:
Quote:
I bought one of those Halo Ring Lights, it is always on so there is no requirment for it to sync. It comes with a 52mm and a 55mm adapter. I would prefer one that was all LEDs but I am not up to building one. A fellow in Germany was thinking about making it in a kit form, circuit board housing, all you buy is the items on a list.
joel ,
i've seen those and was wondering about your exposure times? the ones i saw listed did not give off enough light to hand hold.

also, if you do a search here you will find a couple of us have already made LED ring lights.
Attached Images

Old Sep 13, 2005, 3:32 PM   #12

For those of us new to the DSLR world (and short on the time necessary to construct a workable ring light) - is there a good source for an inexpensive macro ring flash (reverse lens or not) for either a 52 mm or 58 mm lens?Thanks for any info you can provide![img]/forums/images/emoticons/cool.gif[/img]
Trek Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2005, 6:05 PM   #13

try here
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...Q=&ci=9597
i think i've seen a vivitar for about $89us. also

do a google search..
Old Sep 16, 2005, 7:26 PM   #14

Thanks for the suggestion of B & H - Though they do tend to be the "high price spread"!I've since located several locally in the DFW area for under 50.00 and one Hong Kong supplier that has one for 35.00 (looks like a knock-off of the Vivitar 5000 series ring flash). I'll let the forum know about performance, specs, wtc. if anyone else is interested.Keep up the research!
Trek Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2005, 8:08 PM   #15

Thanks for taking time out to post the pictures Rob. I'm on the road right now, using public access - hopefully the pictures will still be here when i get to my own PC.

I saw a Vivitar 6000 but wondered whether the electronics on the istD would be damaged by that unit. What do you guys think? Here for another 2 days - should i get it?
nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2005, 10:23 PM   #16

I would love to have a LED ring light, but I don't think I could be able to build one. It would be nice if there was a kit available.

robar wrote:
Quote:
joelw135 wrote:
Quote:
I bought one of those Halo Ring Lights, it is always on so there is no requirment for it to sync. It comes with a 52mm and a 55mm adapter. I would prefer one that was all LEDs but I am not up to building one. A fellow in Germany was thinking about making it in a kit form, circuit board housing, all you buy is the items on a list.
joel ,
i've seen those and was wondering about your exposure times? the ones i saw listed did not give off enough light to hand hold.

also, if you do a search here you will find a couple of us have already made LED ring lights.
joelw135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2005, 6:08 AM   #17

Trek Lurker wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion of B & H - Though they do tend to be the "high price spread"!I've since located several locally in the DFW area for under 50.00 and one Hong Kong supplier that has one for 35.00 (looks like a knock-off of the Vivitar 5000 series ring flash). I'll let the forum know about performance, specs, wtc. if anyone else is interested.Keep up the research!
TL,

i am also in the DFW area. where did you find these?? how about some links..
Old Sep 17, 2005, 6:51 AM   #18

I would like to know also.
joelw135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2006, 10:15 AM   #19

bump, for new members.