Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 30, 2005, 11:33 AM   #1

Im looking for something small and heat protectant, what are you all using? I see in the back of the manual for accessories they list a Camera Case O-CC28, but when I googled it, I only see it for sale online in Europe.
BrandonBinoculars is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 30, 2005, 8:01 PM   #2

BrandonBinoculars wrote:
Quote:
Im looking for something small and heat protectant, what are you all using? I see in the back of the manual for accessories they list a Camera Case O-CC28, but when I googled it, I only see it for sale online in Europe.
Small is easy. Depending upon the lens, my *ist D (along with battery grip and wrist grip) readily fits within a Pentax 85100 holster case. I paid $10 for the case new. It should be readily available from the usual sources.

Second part - heat protectant. This case is black. I live in Texas. It gets hot (i.e. warmer than body temperature) here in our long summer. To protect against excess heat, I'd suggest a larger case with an insulated freezer pack included as part of the contents.
Heathglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2005, 8:39 PM   #3

ok, what i use is a Lowpro ex160. it's got a regular hand strap, a sholder strap, or belt loops. when it's packed up it holds cam w/kit lens, sigma 70-300, and a shorter lens (3 lenses total), 3 sets bats, couple filters +, table tripod, lens pen, 4-5 adapter rings, couple of mem cards. got it on ebay for about $14 delivered, brand new. i'd recommend it as a very good walk around bag. if i need a flash i've got some small targus bags and clip them on the sides of the 160. there's a lot of room for such a small bag.